Non Plastic Coffee Mug ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Plastic Coffee Mug ?

Anyone on here use a coffee mug that is non plastic, including the sipping lid ? I found some stainless steel ones only to find that the lid is plastic. I know some plastics are safe, but I would like to start eliminating as much plastic as possible

Would you consider plastics that are BPA free?
    Here's a stainless steel vacuum sealed one:
    Amazon.com: Thermos Sipp 16-Ounce Vacuum-Insulated Travel Tumbler: Kitchen & Dining

I bought this one for my mother and she uses it constantly. The body is porcelain and the lid is silicone:
    Amazon.com: DCI I Am Not a Paper Cup 10-Ounce Porcelain Travel Cup with Lid: Kitchen & Dining

Comment

Originally posted by secretlobster View Post
      Would you consider plastics that are BPA free?
      Here's a stainless steel vacuum sealed one:
      Amazon.com: Thermos Sipp 16-Ounce Vacuum-Insulated Travel Tumbler: Kitchen & Dining

I bought this one for my mother and she uses it constantly. The body is porcelain and the lid is silicone:
      Amazon.com: DCI I Am Not a Paper Cup 10-Ounce Porcelain Travel Cup with Lid: Kitchen & Dining

Ordered the first 1, thank you lobster !

Comment

Starbucks and Bed Bath and Beyond have ceramic versions thay can go in the microwave.

Comment

i have a stainless steel one with a plastic lid. i don't think the coffee touches the lid that often, so it doesn't bother me. the durability is really nice.
          my primal journal:
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I use a Starbucks ceramic mug with a silicone lid.
            I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
            Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
            "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

I also have a ceramic with a silicone lid that I got at Whole Foods. It's not as spill-proof as most travel mugs but it does the job for your basic car ride.
              Last edited by DaisyEater; 06-23-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

I don't cook, eat or drink out of plastic anymore, BPA or not. Just makes sense that a petroleum product could cause some kind of problem with the food.

Comment

Reusit.com has good choices.

The old fashioned bell-shaped ceramic or glass mugs used with a cork would do it.

Comment

I am working toward a plastic free kitchen but can't find a solution for glass containers that I need to take on the go with me. Most small glass tupperware replacements still have plastics lids. Anyone find a way around this dilemma?

Comment

Tinfoil is all I can think of.
                      I wish I could just get my husband to stop taking his food and nuking it in PLASTIC everyday. Since we so eat all that meat I think that makes it worse (the leaching) because of the fat.
                      I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                      Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                      "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

I save and reuse glass jars with metal lids. They are great, leak-proof and dishwasher safe and best of all NOT plastic. I have all shapes and sizes and another benefit - they are free (after you buy whatever it is that originally came in them.)
                        Knee deep in the water somewhere got the blue sky breeze blowin' wind thru my hair only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair. Zack Brown Band

Comment

+1 for jars!

"Oh...*sneer*...did you just bring a jar of pickles for luch?" "Nope...braised short ribs w/cabbage."

Comment

Originally posted by StephanieShine View Post
                            I am working toward a plastic free kitchen but can't find a solution for glass containers that I need to take on the go with me. Most small glass tupperware replacements still have plastics lids. Anyone find a way around this dilemma?
                            The Asian-style of lunch box seems to work pretty well. They are metal dishes with lids that clasp into place. They are available in the U.S., but somewhat pricey, if I recall correctly. I think I've even seen them at Whole Foods once or twice.

Comment

Originally posted by StephanieShine View Post
                              Sarah Fregoso on Everday Paleo mentioned getting some here for her kids. Not glass, but I think they're stainless, which is a really great alternative.
                              Planet Box
                              Durp.

Comment

Working...
                              X