Flu shot? Or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flu shot? Or not?

Today, in an hour, I can take advantage of the free flu shots they're offering here at work. Not H1N1, just the regular seasonal flu. I am totally confused. Should I simply rely on my healthier WOE or get a shot? Grok didn't have vaccines, but the flu probably didn't exist then, either.

I'm a 54 yo female, been primal for about 2.5 months, but have no spleen, which is a mitigating factor. Any strong thoughts? Anyone? Help!

If you're in a risk category for flu, then yes, by all means, get the vaccine.

I'm headed to the hospital today to get the Flumist for H1N1. Got the seasonal a month ago. I fall into the rescue/EMS category and got the vaccines through the fire department. If I wasn't in the risk category, I'd probably skip the vaccines.

Comment

Thanks, mrd232. I appreciate your response. I have read so many confusing articles, that I feel I no longer know enough to make the right decision. My doctor definitely urges me to get flu shots, but then she also wrote me a prescription for diet pills...

Comment

basically ask yourself, "Do I need one?"

I personally have not been ill in 2 years, not even the sniffles. So I won't be getting one.

Then again I am also young and at very low risk.

Comment

Hard to know for sure if I need one, as I'm usually only sick maybe once a year, and I just had the flu last month. I don't know what kind of flu it was, as I didn't go to the doctor.

Comment

I saw a very scary video of a girl who got the Swine flu vaccine and 10 days later developed some rare neurological disorder. She's a 27 year old WA Redskins Cheerleader and marathoner. Now she can't walk. Strangely she can walk backwards and run but once she slows to a walk her body just starts to crumble. I have such a distrust of our traditional medical model. This is a very confusing subject because of the swine flu. But still, if you are young and healthy, I'm not too sure about it.

Comment

Del Mar that was a fraud:

http://bit.ly/3BCLvZ

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
              "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

SerialSinner, thanks for that link. I'd seen the video about the cheerleader a week or so ago, which led me to be more fearful of this vaccine.

Okay, I went and got the shot.

Comment

np Sharon. Whenever I stumble upon something contradicting the general consensus of the scientific community, I double check the sources. It always pays off.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                  "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

I've never gotten a flu shot. Never will. Not even H1N1.

Comment

I didn't get a flu shot and everyone around me got the flu (I was even exposed to someone who had H1N1) but I've been trying to control it carefully through keeping my dietary sugars extremely low and a good dose of vitamin D. So far so good!

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I work in the hospital, I got the shot. I get the regular flu shot too.

I haven't had the flu in years, but the protection is for me, as much as it is for the pregnant and/or sick women I may encounter.

Comment

Just got the Flumist vaccine this afternoon. It was a little odd in comparison to the regular shot, but worth it.

Comment

Thanks for the link. It seems all the world wants their 15 minutes, huh? Crazy!

I've had the flu shot once due to a job that pretty much insisted on it but never again. I really haven't been sick at all in the last 3-4 years which I think is probably due to the quality of my diet.

Comment

Working...
                            X