Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark's site takes FOREVER to load for me....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark's site takes FOREVER to load for me....

Is it the same for you?

Mark has a top 10,000 website in the world. So, he has an insane amount of traffic. Mark, will you PLEASE increase your bandwith?

For me... it sometimes never loads. It tries but fails. This has been happening A LOT lately. I want to be inside the forum A LOT more. But, its almost a waste of time many times.

Am I a loner here?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

I never have any problems, but i'm on high speed, uncapped cable.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Hi PT,
      Yes it does seem to get hung up more often now. Oh no, our lifestyle is becoming popular.
      On another note, I just signed up for your newsletter. Thanks for all you do. I was looking for a meet up in my area of NY. No Luck. I guess I'll have to start one.LOL
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

No problems here and I'm in and out of the forums all day long. I'm on DSL.
        See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Comment

Originally posted by Nion View Post
          I never have any problems, but i'm on high speed, uncapped cable.
          I've hit the "too many people on site" nonload a few times. Most of the time, though, it's the same as Nion- not even a hint of hesitation. Then again, same cable set- up.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

quite slow here too.

Comment

I can't say that I've had any problems.
              Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
              Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
              CW: 146.8 lbs
              GW 140 lbs
              A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

What browser do you use PT?

Comment

I use Google Chrome and I have comcast cable. All other sites load as fast as they ever have. Only MDA is slow at times to the point where it never loads. It happens daily. I've been wanting to post more often in the forum but get so frustrated and end up not checking in much.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Toad View Post
                    I use Google Chrome and I have comcast cable. All other sites load as fast as they ever have. Only MDA is slow at times to the point where it never loads. It happens daily. I've been wanting to post more often in the forum but get so frustrated and end up not checking in much.
                    I have the same problem at times. I'm also using the Chrome and Comcast combination.

Comment

The MDA forum is one of the quickest sites I visit..

Comment

Originally posted by slowcooker View Post
                        The MDA forum is one of the quickest sites I visit..
                        We need a device that allows Usxto change lives with someone whenever we want. When on mda I would switch with you.

Comment

It hangs up sometimes for me. Just hit the back button and click the link again, it usually loads fine then.

Comment

Any website (even the big guys - see Facebook et al) will have hangups from time to time. MDA is no exception, but in my experience and from what my website host shows and tells me MDA runs very quickly 99+% of the time. A while back we were having some issues when the Wednesday newsletter would go out each week. It would send thousands of people to the site at once, slowing things to a crawl. I contacted some engineers and my host, they worked on it, and the problem was remedied (a large portion of MDA is now cached to increase page load times, and MDA is hosted on its own dedicated server). Apologies to anyone that has experienced slowing. You might want to check with your internet service provider.

Comment

No problems for me. I'm in and out throughout the day reading, though I rarely post.

Comment

Working...
                              X