A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geostump View Post
    Most of the men I know, spouse included, find a woman sexiest in sweats, hair a mess; they also like a woman who can use a hammer without assistance and who can help work on cars and isn't afraid to get dirty or break a nail. Basically most of the men I know like low maintenance chicks as my husband says. He does also appreciate it when I look nice but that doesn't have to be how it always is.
    True. But that only works for women who are pretty to begin with.

Personally, I often find the women who use the least make-up the most attractive. Also, pretty is not the same as attractive in my book. One can be one without the other, and vice versa.

Looks don't really matter that much anyway. Charm, karisma and attitude is the key.
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
      One change that I made a while back in dating is that I now avoid sitting across a table from a date. At some point, I realized the every date where I had gone out and bought dinner and sat across the table from them didn't go anywhere. Eventually, when I've dated someone for a while I'll do a table date, but never right away. Part of it is that a table install a natural barrier to communication and conversation. This side is mine and that side is yours.

I'll meet for a drink or tea or something or find something interesting to do and usually it doesn't cost all that much.
      Plus, if you're sitting next to each other, you can read body language better and its more condusive to flirting.
      Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by norak View Post
        True. But that only works for women who are pretty to begin with.

Personally, I often find the women who use the least make-up the most attractive. Also, pretty is not the same as attractive in my book. One can be one without the other, and vice versa.

Looks don't really matter that much anyway. Charm, karisma and attitude is the key.
        Pretty and sexy can be 2 totally different animals. You either have both or you don't. My husband may not be the best looking guy but he got me with his sense of humor.
        Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
          I've never thought of this, usually taking a girl out for dinner is like my easy go-to. Now you've raised the bar, you asshole, I'm going to actually have to do work.
          It was mine at one point as well, it just didn't work. You'll also avoid serial daters that just want you to buy them dinner anyway. I look for somewhere quiet enough that we can talk but still out in public which can be hard to find.
          http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
            And if they come back to your place after drinks late at night, just strip naked and when they ask "what are you doing"; just reply "well what did you think was going to happen" saves a lot of discussion and gets down to business quickly.
            Ahhhh...the Naked Man. Classic
            MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

How can you read body language better if your sitting next to someone. Your using peripheral vision which is not as accurate.
              My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

Originally posted by strom View Post
                How can you read body language better if your sitting next to someone. Your using peripheral vision which is not as accurate.
                Not if you're looking right at them.
                Georgette

Comment

Maybe he meant "easier to see down her blouse"?
                  Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
                  - Ralph Marston

Comment

I too find it much harder to look down a woman's shirt if I have to wrench my eyes to the side.

edit: dangit, agatsu got there first

Comment

great minds...
                      Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
                      - Ralph Marston

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                        Also, next time you go out look at the average dude. The skinny "bieber" look is in right now. I can't even get skinny jeans past my knees and I felt ashamed of myself for even trying to put a pair on.
                        Dude, I cannot even get them past my calves. WTF is wrong with clothes these days? Hell, I barely can get hold of jeans my 32/32 waist size. Sheesh!

And for all you ladies posting in this thread, do you know why? Because you are some nosy little critters who constantly get into trouble that men have to save your sorry asses from.

which makes us feel all manly and all that, and is why we still love you to bits.
                        Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

There aren't enough double-jointed bisexual nymphomaniac redheads in the world. I have conclusive proof: I only have 1 of them. This is obviously a mistake on Mother Nature's part.
                          Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                          Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                          Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                          Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                          ChooseMyPlate

Comment

This thread is way more interesting than the girly ones. Maybe because it has so far been about fashion, bitches and sex, instead of periods.

Although not one dude has mentioned boobies yet.
                            Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
                            Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
                            More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
                            LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
                            Play more!

Comment

Pants in general are the bane of anyone with any sort of leg musculature. I wear a size 1 waist. I would have to buy upwards of a size 6 in some manufacturers just to have ciriculation in my lower extremities.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by apple View Post
                                This thread is way more interesting than the girly ones. Maybe because it has so far been about fashion, bitches and sex, instead of periods.

Although not one dude has mentioned boobies yet.
                                Have I mentioned my wife and her last 2 girlfriends were stacked?
                                BOOBIES BOOBIES BOOBIES.

Victory is MINE.
                                Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                                Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                                Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                                Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                                ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Working...
                                X