A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
    Glad the beard is working out for you. I'd like to see how I'd look with one.

CPA is not a bad route at all. Teaching I found to be frustrating (not the kids but from a politics/administration standpoint). Good luck!
    The teaching thing would just be a short term thing plus the added benefits of time off and the reimbursement for classes.

What field are you trying to enter
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
      The teaching thing would just be a short term thing plus the added benefits of time off and the reimbursement for classes.

What field are you trying to enter
      I'm working towards a CCNA, well, a cert in Cisco, which is basically prep for the exam. I can use my GI Bill, and hopefully it will give me some flexibility to move once my wife is done with school. If needed I can use the classes towards a degree in Networking, but I am hoping not to have to get the full degree merely the certification, which people say will work, but we shall see.

Comment

I'm working towards a CCNA, well, a cert in Cisco, which is basically prep for the exam. I can use my GI Bill, and hopefully it will give me some flexibility to move once my wife is done with school. If needed I can use the classes towards a degree in Networking, but I am hoping not to have to get the full degree merely the certification, which people say will work, but we shall see.
        I have no idea what you're talking about, I feel as tho I should. The real $$$ is in STEM fields

Comment

I have no idea what you're talking about, I feel as tho I should. The real $$$ is in STEM fields
          Cisco Certified Network Associate - it basically certifies that you can work with/install/fix etc computer networks. (very basic description obviously)

My wife is a STEM major - Masters in math and finishing up a Bachelor's in Computer Science. I'm looking forward to being a kept man

Comment

Cisco Certified Network Associate - it basically certifies that you can work with/install/fix etc computer networks. (very basic description obviously)

My wife is a STEM major - Masters in math and finishing up a Bachelor's in Computer Science. I'm looking forward to being a kept man
            You're going the STEM route too!

Comment

You're going the STEM route too!
              True, but let me live my dream of being a house husband aka professional video game player

Not that I would be able to do this for more than a week before I went insane, but currently, it is nice to think about.

Comment

• Kenn i have to say i dont know if i can answer your missive.

I am content, however resting on laurels has never been for me,

I am on version 6.0 of life i guess. (v1.0 birth to 7, v2.0 7 -12. v3.0 12- 15. v4.0 15- 31, v5.0 31-40, v6.0 40-)

I have a newish job in my career working with the Kentucky State Court, assisting them in replacing a 25 year old court technology base. work i love with people i like.... Check

Health, still seeking the next hurdle to overcome, i know there is one since i keep bouncing off 310 regardless of how i attack it. HCG keeps me from rebounding too far, however my ultimate goal is to not need any pharmaceuticals for my life.

spirituality, no longer a seeker, left that behind a long while ago, a firm practitioner is where i am,

mentallly, having to relearn mediation, a side effect of the HCG, however not too focused on it so meh... if i need to work it is there.

friends, i haz some... :-)
                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

True, but let me live my dream of being a house husband aka professional video game player

Not that I would be able to do this for more than a week before I went insane, but currently, it is nice to think about.
                  professional gamer is a heavy workload man

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                    Kenn i have to say i dont know if i can answer your missive.

I am content, however resting on laurels has never been for me,

I am on version 6.0 of life i guess. (v1.0 birth to 7, v2.0 7 -12. v3.0 12- 15. v4.0 15- 31, v5.0 31-40, v6.0 40-)

I have a newish job in my career working with the Kentucky State Court, assisting them in replacing a 25 year old court technology base. work i love with people i like.... Check

Health, still seeking the next hurdle to overcome, i know there is one since i keep bouncing off 310 regardless of how i attack it. HCG keeps me from rebounding too far, however my ultimate goal is to not need any pharmaceuticals for my life.

spirituality, no longer a seeker, left that behind a long while ago, a firm practitioner is where i am,

mentallly, having to relearn mediation, a side effect of the HCG, however not too focused on it so meh... if i need to work it is there.

friends, i haz some... :-)
                    Do you haz ze wimminz yet?

Comment

professional gamer is a heavy workload man
                      Well, professional is a bit of a stretch as I would not expect to be paid. Dedicated amateur?

Comment

Do you haz ze wimminz yet?
                        Kenn :-)

I haz finally decided to keeps one. the interviewing process was great though....

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Well, professional is a bit of a stretch as I would not expect to be paid. Dedicated amateur?
                          you would not happen to Guild Warz or Supreme Commander would you?

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

you would not happen to Guild Warz or Supreme Commander would you?
                            No sir. I played WoW for years and now play Eve Online. I also have a couple of consoles which I get on every once in a while.

Comment

• I miss Rivvin.

Comment

Kenn :-)

I haz finally decided to keeps one. the interviewing process was great though....
                                Glad to hear that!

Family time now?

Comment

Working...
                                X