Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rojo View Post
    i think his point was that everyone "shoots too high".

    It's why being single is tough. We all want someone "above average", whether that's looks, wit, income, whatever. The problem is the math doesn't work.

    This problem is magnified on dating sites. In real life there are plenty of subtle suitability cues that can lead to people towards each other, online people have a check list.

    I'd also add that i think online dating is particularly bad for dudes. If you can approach a gal in real "meat life", you've probably put yourself ahead of 90% of the other guys. If you've got a little charm and self-assurance, you're in like flint, even if you're carrying some extra pounds and live in mom's basement.

    Online, however, you're just another perv hiding behind a keyboard. You'd damn well better be brad pit with a degree from harvard law.
    qfmft
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

    CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

    Comment


    • Huh...Im new to this forum and read the first handful of pages of this thread with interest....hoping for more actual serious posts by men. Then skipped to the last handful of pages....what a letdown! Its kind of like a pathetic chatroom.

      ETA: some people are posting relevant and interesting things...the rest of it is like a script for Idiocracy

      Comment


      • Originally posted by endless View Post
        Huh...Im new to this forum and read the first handful of pages of this thread with interest....hoping for more actual serious posts by men. Then skipped to the last handful of pages....what a letdown! Its kind of like a pathetic chatroom.

        ETA: some people are posting relevant and interesting things...the rest of it is like a script for Idiocracy
        LOL. How to win friends and influence people.

        Why not get a feel for the forum and the kind of banter that goes on amongst long standing friends, esp in threads lending to random conversations, before making such a rude, unnecessary, judgmental, bitchy observation about the place.

        FWIW I found the recent discussion fascinating to have frank insight into things not normally discussed so openly. That is why forums can be great. Even if I have nothing to add, I was interested.
        Last edited by lambchop; 11-21-2012, 03:36 AM. Reason: FWIW

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lambchop View Post
          LOL. How to win friends and influence people.

          Why not get a feel for the forum and the kind of banter that goes on amongst long standing friends, esp in threads lending to random conversations, before making such a rude, unnecessary, judgmental, bitchy observation about the place.

          FWIW I found the recent discussion fascinating to have frank insight into things not normally discussed so openly. That is why forums can be great. Even if I have nothing to add, I was interested.
          + 1000

          Comment


          • If there isn't inane banter and chat about bizzare and random things, what the hell is going to keep experianced people coming back to the forum to answer all the questions by the newbies. If you look in the other pages it's 90% + serious and sensible, people are happy to answer questions and discuss serious topics with new members and old hands alike. Shooting the shit is pretty much kept to the odds and ends, and that's fine every forum needs a banter space.

            Seriosuly have you been on the internet before?
            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
              Seriosuly have you been on the internet before?
              No, this is my first time. Where do I find the pron and the pictures of the cats that talk all funny - those are hilarious!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                No, this is my first time. Where do I find the pron and the pictures of the cats that talk all funny - those are hilarious!
                Welcome back to the thread stranger. How is life as a statist whore going?
                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                Comment


                • Originally posted by kenn View Post
                  Welcome back to the thread stranger. How is life as a statist whore going?
                  Eh, it pays the bills. Murder on the back though.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    Eh, it pays the bills. Murder on the back though.
                    Is it manly to keep the people down?

                    Enjoy your warm weather!
                    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                    Current Weight: 235 pounds
                    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by kenn View Post
                      Is it manly to keep the people down?

                      Enjoy your warm weather!
                      Only if you do it while sporting epic facial hair. As such, I fail.

                      Oh, I will. I will. Though shorts and a T-shirt in November just feels wrong.

                      Comment


                      • i do it here in kentucky all the time. however after all my ice baths i actually cant tell it is cold yet.

                        in fact it was 72 in my home last night and i could not sleep as it was too hot.
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                        Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                        CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                        Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                        Comment


                        • Understood Q, and it just really isn't cold here - 40s at night but eh, whatever. It just doesn't feel like winter when you are wearing shorts.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by endless View Post
                            Huh...Im new to this forum and read the first handful of pages of this thread with interest....hoping for more actual serious posts by men. Then skipped to the last handful of pages....what a letdown! Its kind of like a pathetic chatroom.

                            ETA: some people are posting relevant and interesting things...the rest of it is like a script for Idiocracy
                            Dear heavenly blessed beauty, I have been thinking about you speechless and in awe. That deep gaze in your eyes, your perfect smile, all of your features just seem to all come together so well, almost angelical in a sense I suppose. The reason I am writing this is to let you know that I think I have found the most beautiful woman to grace us with her presence on our planet, and I am of course talking about you. I know this might mean absolutely nothing to you, and you probably get many of these types of texts and in real life BUT please understand that I am being as genuine as ever when I say that you are the ultimate dictionary definition of perfection, and I hope that one day God can bestow me with a woman as beautiful as you, I would be forever grateful. I hope that this message finds you well, I do not care if I get a response to this, I am just simply stating the obvious and had to let you know how I really felt.
                            “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by endless View Post
                              Huh...Im new to this forum and read the first handful of pages of this thread with interest....hoping for more actual serious posts by men. Then skipped to the last handful of pages....what a letdown! Its kind of like a pathetic chatroom.

                              ETA: some people are posting relevant and interesting things...the rest of it is like a script for Idiocracy
                              There is an old saying that my mother taught me, "If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all", perhaps your mother was remiss?
                              That hold true to things pertinent to line of conversation as well.
                              You completely missed on both counts dear.

                              You could have simply moved on to another area of the forums where there was more information to suit your interests.

                              And actually, given the nature if the title of this thread, and the nature of the member who started it... there was NEVER any hope of seriousness here at all. Did you really not get that from the gist of the language used? It's all a rip!

                              Have a nice day.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                Only if you do it while sporting epic facial hair. As such, I fail.

                                Oh, I will. I will. Though shorts and a T-shirt in November just feels wrong.
                                What are you talking about sweetie... shorts and a t-shirt in November feels exactly RIGHT...
                                Feels pretty darn good in December too.
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X