No announcement yet.

A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, while we're at it I might as well pull out the James Franco to drool over again...
    Yep, I never really thought he was HOT until I saw THIS pic... *sigh*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
      Plato thought that there was some external higher truth which you could not prove.

Is it truth that there is a God even though I cannot prove it to you?

Truth is only what I can prove to be true.

It may be true that I dreamed of Jeannie last night, but there is no way I could prove that to you. So in terms of philosophy, the statement, "I dreamed of Jeannie" is neither true, nor false, but simply a statement.
      Wtf does this have to do with allegory of the cave?
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
        Yup, good point on the allegory. Any other good Greek/Roman to read without learning Latin? Any other recommended reading?
        Yes, shall post some later

Read cicero's de legibus

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
          Wtf does this have to do with allegory of the cave?
          Plato believed that there was a higher truth, one that could not be seen or proven.

Comment

Plato believed that there was a higher truth, one that could not be seen or proven.
            You missed the point of referencing the allegory in this thread

Comment

• I'm more wondering how the general subject of gender bending got narrowed into ugly guys (a bit redundant...) modeling female clothing. This is way funnier.
              Backstory: Ranma was (martial arts) cheerleading one of the kendo competitors (who is actually the girl Ranma actually loves but can't admit it). In a desperate attempt to raise the morale of the nearly defeated competitor...

In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                I'm more wondering how the general subject of gender bending got narrowed into ugly guys (a bit redundant...) modeling female clothing. This is way funnier.
                Backstory: Ranma was (martial arts) cheerleading one of the kendo competitors (who is actually the girl Ranma actually loves but can't admit it). In a desperate attempt to raise the morale of the nearly defeated competitor...

Oh, I'm all for a lot more gender bending than what you term "ugly guys... modeling female clothing"...
                There are also very convincing "lady-boys"... some so convincing in fact that even very experienced men can't tell the difference without reaching between the legs to feel the package, and I like those too.

But that's where my head was on this occasion.

Need me to link you some pics of a Woman gender bender I like(Buck Angel)?
                Or you could just google up some pics yourself...

And that toon is an atrocity IMO... ugh!
                It's like it's written to be watched for the stupidest humans alive. Repetitive much?
                Like we can't understand the plot device yet...

But... to each their own... I like ugly men in lady clothes, and other "weird" things.
                Last edited by cori93437; 09-26-2012, 09:42 PM.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Remind me, was it you who liked Archer? Because if so you can't comment about what's an attrocity.

Oh and you can always tell who is what. Women have a different smell.
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Remind me, was it you who liked Archer? Because if so you can't comment about what's an attrocity.

Oh and you can always tell who is what. Women have a different smell.
                    That doesn't really work on a Trans who has been taking female hormones since puberty dude... Seriously.
                    The only way to know is between the legs.

Archer is way funnier.
                    I love the obscure jokes and references to classic literature etc.
                    A lot of subtext going on in that show a good part of the time.
                    Just good stuff.

And Robot Chicken, is funny too!
                    But in a completely childish and mostly classless way that makes me happy at the basest level.
                    I admit that.

Personal tastes are what they are.
                    Last edited by cori93437; 09-26-2012, 10:34 PM.
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                      You missed the point of referencing the allegory in this thread
                      Umm perhaps. You, nor I will never know unless we actually tell each other what we thought the point was. And then we would have to trust each other that we were not lying.

There is no way for me to prove to you one way or the other exactly what I was thinking, nor could you prove to me what you were thinking.

Therefore, your statement that I missed the point is neither true, nor false from a philosophical standpoint, but simply a statement.

Comment

Umm perhaps. You, nor I will never know unless we actually tell each other what we thought the point was. And then we would have to trust each other that we were not lying.

There is no way for me to prove to you one way or the other exactly what I was thinking, nor could you prove to me what you were thinking.

Therefore, your statement that I missed the point is neither true, nor false from a philosophical standpoint, but simply a statement.
                        You got beaten up a lot in school, didn't you?

Comment

You really struggle at following a thread

Comment

I'm more wondering how the general subject of gender bending got narrowed into ugly guys (a bit redundant...) modeling female clothing. This is way funnier.

I should sue you the loss of 1:07 of my life. You really watch that?
                            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                              I should sue you the loss of 1:07 of my life. You really watch that?
                              Truth.
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• It's the funniest show I've ever seen. I'm actually reading the manga now so I can find out what happens after the series dropped off.

Comment

Working...
                                X