Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
    What do you mean?
    Well, I grew up strong at heart, but fed almost nothing but conventional wisdom. Look at our society, and we will agree conventional wisdom is bad for your mind and body. Anyways, I first started to examine things hard at 17 when I had to start thinking about college. It took me years of looking in the wrong places to figure out what the truths there are about life. How to be healthy, how society should be ran (politics, economics), what to believe in & care about, various sciences, and history. Other simple things that aren't necessarily non-CW, but they weren't taught to me include: house repair, car repair, clothing repair, shaving with a straight razor, etc. Being healthy was my first goal reached thanks to Mark's Daily Apple, and I wondered for some time if websites with the same pragmatic approach existed for other topics. Well, I somewhat filled in my knowledge of the other previously mentioned topics before I found the "manosphere". Now that I have found it, it seems to be full of members with the same goals as I. The 'sphere encompasses all of the truths that I sought. Not just health, not just politics, not just morals, not just relationships. It's all there with people who want to talk about it all. That's why I like it.

Also, the only new piece of information in the manosphere was the whole 'man-centered' view. I hadn't fully realize what public correctness had done to the psyche of males. Knowing that, all other things sorted into place. (IE Oh, that's why modern men and women act the way they do! Oh, that's why the dating world is so messed up! Oh, that's why politics are what they are today!)
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 09-26-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      Actually, both of those men are straight... as in prefer to have sex with women.
      You should maybe familiarize yourself with the terms cross-dresser, transvestite, transexual, and transgendered.
      The one pictured is Tim Curry, an actor, who is dressed for a part in a movie.

Opinions and all....
      I think that dirty looking hippie men are "not manly and truly disgusting"
      Same goes for hippie women.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
        Same goes for hippie women.
        *cries*
        my primal journal:
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
          *cries*
          LOL... I should have said "young, scrawny, unkempt, sort of unwashed looking dudes" as it was a reference to how Wilton used to look in his avatar pic.

You, however, are stellar... and you know it! *remembers librarian photo ~sigh~*
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
            Well, I grew up strong at heart, but fed almost nothing but conventional wisdom. Look at our society, and we will agree conventional wisdom is bad for your mind and body. Anyways, I first started to examine things hard at 17 when I had to start thinking about college. It took me years of looking in the wrong places to figure out what the truths there are about life. How to be healthy, how society should be ran (politics, economics), what to believe in & care about, various sciences, and history. Other simple things that aren't necessarily non-CW, but they weren't taught to me include: house repair, car repair, clothing repair, shaving with a straight razor, etc. Being healthy was my first goal reached thanks to Mark's Daily Apple, and I wondered for some time if websites with the same pragmatic approach existed for other topics. Well, I somewhat filled in my knowledge of the other previously mentioned topics before I found the "manosphere". Now that I have found it, it seems to be full of members with the same goals as I. The 'sphere encompasses all of the truths that I sought. Not just health, not just politics, not just morals, not just relationships. It's all there with people who want to talk about it all. That's why I like it.

Also, the only new piece of information in the manosphere was the whole 'man-centered' view. I hadn't fully realize what public correctness had done to the psyche of males. Knowing that, all other things sorted into place. (IE Oh, that's why modern men and women act the way they do! Oh, that's why the dating world is so messed up! Oh, that's why politics are what they are today!)
            All part of fighting back against cultural Marxism

I encourage you to continue your journey and share the knowledge with as many people as possible.

Read Plato's allegory of a cave
            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
            Current Weight: 235 pounds
            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I encourage you to continue your journey and share the knowledge with as many people as possible.

Plato thought that there was some external higher truth which you could not prove.

Is it truth that there is a God even though I cannot prove it to you?

Truth is only what I can prove to be true.

It may be true that I dreamed of Jeannie last night, but there is no way I could prove that to you. So in terms of philosophy, the statement, "I dreamed of Jeannie" is neither true, nor false, but simply a statement.

Comment

LOL... I should have said "young, scrawny, unkempt, sort of unwashed looking dudes" as it was a reference to how Wilton used to look in his avatar pic.
                Eh

Comment

Yup, good point on the allegory. Any other good Greek/Roman to read without learning Latin? Any other recommended reading?

Comment

• Plato believed that all knowledge is innate and that learning was simply bringing this knowledge out from within your soul.

So like when you learn something and you know it to be true, it is because you already knew the truth since birth and you are just now discovering it within you.

Everyone, according to Plato, has perfect knowledge, and learning is simply having that knowledge "recalled".

Comment

• Can't believe this thread is *still* going!

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      And so gottdam sexy too.

Oh yeah, This guy too...
                      Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      Also... The Rocky Horror, Gender-bending(at every freaking turn!), Funny, and because I'm a weirdo... Hot.
                      You are not a weirdo...or we both are. Dr. Frankenfurter is one of THE sexiest characters ever. Hands down. Mmmmmm. Not sure what it is, but he's got it. *Fans self at the thought of him...*

My Before/After Pics
                      Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
                        Plato believed that all knowledge is innate and that learning was simply bringing this knowledge out from within your soul.

So like when you learn something and you know it to be true, it is because you already knew the truth since birth and you are just now discovering it within you.

Everyone, according to Plato, has perfect knowledge, and learning is simply having that knowledge "recalled".
                        Well teaching back then was basically helping a student reach the conclusions on their own so he's not wrong, in a manner of speaking. It wasn't like the indoctrination that ruins so many young minds these days.
                        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Or at least it seems that way from what I've read.
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

You, however, are stellar... and you know it! *remembers librarian photo ~sigh~*
                            j/k. I recently bought some deodorant; I mean "real" stuff with aluminum-shit in it. I've tried every natural type under the sun and still stink so decided just to take my chances with alzheimer's.

I *want* to be attracted to Dr. Frank-n-Furter, but I just can't get past the delusional diva aspect. Eddie Izzard, OTOH is pretty awesome and I probably wouldn't kick him out of bed (or off the couch, kitchen floor, whatever).
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Oh, Dr. Frank (the char) is way over the top to be sure... but to me it's in a wink and nudge fashion instead of full on "real diva", which I wouldn't like.

Eddie Izzard is just too awesome for words... in ladies clothing or in his male gendered get ups... funny, intelligent, seems to be really honest about who he is, and HAWT!
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• i'm going to go against the flow and say that eddie izzard in drag doesn't do it for me

but frank n furter.... MMMNG
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X