No announcement yet.

A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ah. then the dude's not being up front. he can accept that he's not getting into her pants and just be friends, or he can decide he doesn't want more female friends and be upfront: "not interested in just friendship." she can take it or leave it and they both move on (or get it on, she might change her mind). this whole "friendzone" thing is just as much his fault as it is his. she's not some prize to attain, either she's into him or she's not. doing her favors and listening to her kvetch about her love life isn't getting him any closer (if that's even the case here). apparently she has made her intentions for the relationship obvious.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 07-17-2012, 01:21 PM.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
      ah. then the dude's not being up front. he can accept that he's not getting into her pants and just be friends, or he can decide he doesn't want more female friends and be upfront: "not interested in just friendship." she can take it or leave it and they both move on (or get it on, she might change her mind). this whole "friendzone" thing is just as much his fault as it is his. she's not some prize to attain, either she's into him or she's not. doing her favors and listening to her kvetch about her love life isn't getting him any closer (if that's even the case here). apparently she has made her intentions for the relationship obvious.
      Lol, I don't think you understand guys
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• probably not. i've only been romantically involved with one, so maybe i'm clueless. what is it that i'm missing?
        my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          jiggling boobs and butt?

yes
          Jiggling boobs, firm butt. Wahoo! Plus that aside, just people exercising is sexy. Seeing the determination, the effort, the dedication. Love that in addition to the physical characteristics of the person.
          carl's cave

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
            so in other words, there is no such thing as a man who wants to be friends with a woman. canio, are you just trying to get into my proverbial pants?
            No, while I am sure your proverbial pants are amazing, I am too old and married to care. As I said, it changes with age and commitment level. As I am not trying to get laid you have a different value as a person. As such, I am happy to be friends with you. Just do not expect me to want to hang out if you turn into a psycho during shark week.

I was speaking more to young guys.

And yes, it would be awesome if guys were just up front but "Hi, I am going to be your friend in the hopes I get laid" sounds creepy. It's true, it just comes across wrong. Kind of like how "I am not really interested but you buy me stuff so will do until I can get better" doesn't come across well. So dude tries to be nice and the gets friendzoned. As such, I am just putting out that public service message...ladies, if he is young and single and you are too, he wants to get laid; he does not want to be your friend/buddy/brother/etc.

*edit: unless by friend you are using Darth's definition.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post

*edit: unless by friend you are using Darth's definition.
              How is my definition different?

I like my female friends. That's why I'm friends with them.

Even the ones I'm not sleeping with.

I think guys who want to be friends with a woman "in the hopes of getting laid" are doing it wrong.

I have no "hopes" of getting laid. I'm getting laid, whether if it's with one of my awesome female friends or some other woman who happens to fancy me.

To be honest some women can't handle the fact that I can want to have sex with them, but don't need to and don't need to please them in the imaginary "hopes" that I might one day be granted the exalted honor of maybe possibly if the stars are aligned just right get some side boob action. Whatever, they were squares anyway.

Comment

• Well, some men lack your natural charm and relationship with the powers of darkness. I was speaking of them.

Comment

• It works quite simply for me, if you (a female) can hold a conversation with me ( not talk about girly sh!t) and not weird, wheather you be hot or not, I can 'be your friend'. However if you are hot but have the personality of a brick, I'm either going to try and have sex with you or failing that go somewhere else.

BTW I'm 24, and walk around with my tongue out a lot. Doesn't mean I'm an arsehole that only thinks women are used for sex.
                  Last edited by Caveman_chris; 07-17-2012, 02:18 PM. Reason: Some of them cook and clean too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caveman_chris View Post

BTW I'm 24, and walk around with my tongue out a lot. Doesn't mean I'm an arsehole that only thinks women are used for sex.
                    Of course not, it just means you're a healthy mammal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caveman_chris View Post
                      Of course it is not all they are used for/good for. Also, perhaps times of changed, but given even you said you do not want to talk about girly shit (and it is called girly shit for a reason) most men do not seek friendships with those with which they do not share similar interests. While not everyone is alike and some chicks like sports and some dudes like girly shit, most gravitate to those with whom they have the most in common. So what are the chances when you want to hang out with friends you are thinking, "Lets call up a bunch of women to watch the game because they are cool to hang with in a completely non-sexual fashion"?

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        No, while I am sure your proverbial pants are amazing, I am too old and married to care. As I said, it changes with age and commitment level. As I am not trying to get laid you have a different value as a person. As such, I am happy to be friends with you. Just do not expect me to want to hang out if you turn into a psycho during shark week.
                        you crack me up every time. no my proverbial pants are not amazing, but it was a rhetorical question.

darth hit it squarely on the head. he must have the Power of Darkness sitting on his shoulder, whispering the right moves.
                        my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthFriendly
                          Horse shit.

I can be friends with women I want to fuck, so long as they can be friends with a guy who likes fucking and find them attractive.

No manipulation necessary.

No sex necessary.

Of course I will prioritize my time for women I can actually have sex with, but that doesn't mean I can't be friends with women I'm not fucking.

...on the other hand my favorite retort to "let's just be friends" is "Cool, my friends help me get laid. So which of your hot friends looking for an orgasm do you want to set me up with?"
                          Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                          How is my definition different?

I like my female friends. That's why I'm friends with them.

Even the ones I'm not sleeping with.

I think guys who want to be friends with a woman "in the hopes of getting laid" are doing it wrong.

I have no "hopes" of getting laid. I'm getting laid, whether if it's with one of my awesome female friends or some other woman who happens to fancy me.

To be honest some women can't handle the fact that I can want to have sex with them, but don't need to and don't need to please them in the imaginary "hopes" that I might one day be granted the exalted honor of maybe possibly if the stars are aligned just right get some side boob action. Whatever, they were squares anyway.
                          DtF for el presidente
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            DtF for el presidente
                            Bill Clinton 2?
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010

Comment

• i hope so
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X