No announcement yet.

A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can shoot a bow just fine thanks. The stringing is just different on this wooden one.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dalton View Post
      So what exactly about this single, slender piece of wood with notches on each end and a string with loops on each end to fit in said notches is kicking your ass?
      It keeps slipping off my foot and/or out of my stringing hand.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• lay it on the floor and kneel with you shin over the shaft then bend it over and attach the other end of the string.....unorthodox, but it will eliminate the slipping problem.

Comment

• Are you using both legs now or trying to do it with only one?

Comment

• Hay you could totally use your bow as an alternative to deadlifts, lawl.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Or as a rowing machine, lol!

Comment

• Perhaps I should've mentioned... Traditional bow, hand carved by a guy I met at the highland games. Yes, I tried kneeling on it, it just turned. I'll get it eventually, I just need to practice.

Comment

• What is the poundage? Bite off more than you can chew, perhaps?

Comment

• Get a bow stringer.

Comment

• I'm assuming you tried "step thru" already as well?

Comment

• NH Man lives up to state motto:

Man Burns himself alive

Last Statement
                        by Tom Ball

A man walks up to the main door of the Keene N.H. County Courthouse, douses himself with gasoline and lights a match. And everyone wants to know why. Apparently the old general was right. Death is not the worst of evil.

I am due in court the end of the month. The ex-wife lawyer wants me jailed for back child support. The amount ranges from $2,200. to $3,000. depending on who you ask. Not big money after being separated over ten years and unemployed for the last two. But I do owe it. If I show up for court without the money and the lawyer say jail, then the judge will have the bailiff take me into custody. There really are no surprises on how the system works once you know how it actually works. And it does not work anything like they taught you in high school history or civics class.

I could have made a phone call or two and borrowed the money. But I am done being bullied for being a man. I cannot believe these people in Washington are so stupid to think they can govern Americans with an iron fist. Twenty-five years ago, the federal government declared war on men. It is time now to see how committed they are to their cause. It is time, boys, to give them a taste of war.
                        Last statement sent to Sentinel from self-immolation victim - SentinelSource.com: Local News: self immolation, court st, fire, man on fire,
                        Last edited by kenn; 06-19-2011, 11:56 AM.
                        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                        Current Weight: 235 pounds
                        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• I don't care how big a war on men there is; I am not setting myself on fire for 3 grand.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            I don't care how big a war on men there is; I am not setting myself on fire for 3 grand.
                            It's about far more than that, it's about how corrupt the system has become and reliance on policies and protocols instead of the rule of law
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Always nice to hear about someone committed to a worthy cause.

Comment

• Sounds like a self-bestowed Darwin Award to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X