No announcement yet.

A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do 100% of the cooking and an equal amount of the cleaning and laundry. It is half my mess/clothes. As for cooking, I really like to do it. Why deny myself the pleasure of doing it? If I wanted a maid I would hire one. I wanted a wife.

Saoirse - honestly I do not understand your situation. You come across as an independent and intelligent person, yet your husband is a jerk (your words), refuses to allow you to get an education (it is a waste of money), apparently doesn't cook, and wants a clean home and obedient children without doing it himself. It just doesn't fit together in my head. I'm not trying to call you out on it or even have you comment on it. It's just one of those things that makes me go hmmm.

Comment

• i'm scratching my head trying to figure out when i called him a jerk. now i remember, when we first married he pretty much was proud that he was a jerk. thankfully he's grown up a bit. to help you figure it all out, we married very young. i was 18, he was 21. so far we've made it work, but we've both grown up quite a bit. unfortunately, we've grown to expect different things. he has different expectations of me than i think is going to work. this is partly my fault because my 18 yo self didn't understand how my expectations for the future could end up destroying the person that i am. so here were are, a little older, still married, three kids and a mortgage. and i think we've gotten into a groove that i don't want to continue. it's not that he's a jerk (at least not how i think it came across), a bad husband, bad father, or anything like that. he's a hardworking man who loves his wife and kids, and is doing the best for us that he can. we're looking for different things out of life. he wants the very stable, well-managed living situation governed by a quiet, intelligent wife (who does what her husband says), and though that's the person i thought i was, it's not actually the person i am. does that make sense to you? i guess it's also relevant that we used to be fundamentalist christians and now we're both pretty agnostic.
      Last edited by Saoirse; 06-16-2011, 10:46 PM.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Yup, that makes sense. I hope whatever the future brings it works out well for you

Comment

• Thanks for the info Kenn

Comment

• Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
              or at least a protien shake
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• thanks canio. i used to stress over this, but i'm not worried anymore. we'll figure it out.
                my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                  Semen has that effect too, and is full of potassium! What a figure she has too.

I cook, unfortunately too well. I'm living at home with the parents right now as I sort out my portfolio and future job prospects. I made this peanut butter stir fry (not primal, but can be with almond butter, will try that when my sister is at camp). They made a terrifying comment about it and in the past. That I cook too well that they don't want me to leave. And that they might not want to eat out anymore. This makes me want to leave. I'm awful at cleaning a house though, organizing, stain removal, and dishwashing so those are qualities I would want in a woman.
                  My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

• is "vitamins" a synonym for amphetamines?
                    my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                      is "vitamins" a synonym for amphetamines?
                      that's good.. or maybe crack.. . .

Comment

ah the good ole days
                        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                        Current Weight: 235 pounds
                        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

lol probably

Comment

Dexedrine, benzedrine... whatever it takes to make vacuuming in pearls and full make-up a good idea.
                            Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                            Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                            Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                            Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                            ChooseMyPlate

Comment

• Naked and in high heels would be more impressive, with a perm.
                              My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

• Originally posted by strom View Post
                                Naked and in high heels would be more impressive, with a perm.
                                I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Working...
                                X