She needs to be spanked?
    that would be abusive and dominating
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
      One thing is certain. In the new un-imagined, re-imagined world of “Battlestar Galactica” everything is female driven. The male characters, from Adama on down, are confused, weak and wracked with indecision, while the female characters are decisive, bold, angry as hell, puffing cigars (gasp!) and not about to take it any more.

One can quickly surmise what a problem the original Starbuck created for the re-imaginators. Starbuck was all charm and humor and flirting without an angry bone in his womanizing body. Yes, he was definitely “female driven,” but not in the politically correct ways of Re-imagined Television. What to do, wondered the Re-imaginators? Keep him as he was, with a twinkle in his eye, a stogie in his mouth and a girl in every galaxy? This could not be.

The best minds in the world of un-imagination doubled their intake of Double Soy Latte’s as they gathered in their smoke-free offices to curse the day that this chauvinistic Viper Pilot was allowed to be. But never under-estimate the power of the un-imaginative mind when it encounters an obstacle (character) it subconsciously loathes. ”Re-inspiration” struck. Starbuck would go the way of most men in today’s society. Starbuck would become “Stardoe.”

Big Hollywood Blog Archive Lt. Starbuck … Lost In Castration.
      my goodness. pretty much everything is an anti-male conspiracy plot to you, isn't it? my husband is very quick to point out bad portrayals of men in the media, and apparently he completely missed the misandry in BSG (he's the one who actually was pushing me to watch it).

Originally posted by kenn View Post
      Gone with the Wind is some of the trashiest romance stuff ever, but it teaches a valuable lesson about hypergamy and reinforces that it doesn't work like our entertainment industry likes to portray it. There are so many divorcee movies where they feed people crap that life is better after divorce and you find yourself or some other junk.
      what do you mean that divorce "doesn't work"?

Originally posted by kenn View Post
      CNN did an online poll and Paul received 75% of the votes, CNN reported that he received 0% of the votes

The media are going out of their like never before to sideline him, he's dangerous to the status quo
      when ron paul ran in the last primaries, my husband was helping with the polling station. we personally knew of many people who voted for Paul, and pretty much expected him to win our district (this was in an extremely small county in ND) . apparently NO ONE in our district voted for him. IIRC, this happened in polling stations throughout the country.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
        what do you mean that divorce "doesn't work"?
        the crap that Divorce Fantasy movies tell people are true

Comment

• which is what precisely?
          my primal journal:

Comment

which is what precisely?
            eat, pray, love is a prime example of divorce fantasy

Isn’t it time you left your husband? | Dalrock
            Addiction to divorce fantasy is also about power. | Dalrock
            http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2010/10...-spinsterhood/

Comment

• and here's why i can't take this seriously. from the perspective of "dalrock", the reason a woman divorces is so she can have an "endless supply" of mates. some women divorce because they don't like their husband and don't want to live with him anymore. IMO, if the prospect of being single for the rest of your life is a much rosier picture than putting up with your spouse's shit, then you're a good candidate for divorce. i don't think anyone should enter that prospect without realizing that most people don't remarry.

how old are the subjects in the AARP study?
              oh, this probably answers my question: "AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and over." do you think that applies to people who are much younger?
              my primal journal:

Comment

and here's why i can't take this seriously. from the perspective of "dalrock", the reason a woman divorces is so she can have an "endless supply" of mates. some women divorce because they don't like their husband and don't want to live with him anymore. IMO, if the prospect of being single for the rest of your life is a much rosier picture than putting up with your spouse's shit, then you're a good candidate for divorce. i don't think anyone should enter that prospect without realizing that most people don't remarry.

how old are the subjects in the AARP study?
                oh, this probably answers my question: "AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan membership organization for people age 50 and over." do you think that applies to people who are much younger?
                What divorce fantasy movies & entertainment show is that most people will find happiness with another mate after divorce

AARP Executive Summary of Study
                http://assets.aarp.org/rgcenter/general/divorce_1.pdf

AARP Study
                http://assets.aarp.org/rgcenter/general/divorce.pdf

Comment

• so how does a study on the remarriage rates of older people show that most women will not find happiness with another mate after divorce? personally if i divorced, i would not seek to remarry.
                  my primal journal:

Comment

so how does a study on the remarriage rates of older people show that most women will not find happiness with another mate after divorce? personally if i divorced, i would not seek to remarry.
                    I misspoke, divorce fantasy typically shows them getting remarried, but women do face a more uphill battle than men do due to their diminishing value on the market
                    Last edited by kenn; 06-15-2011, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• according to your first link in the last post, 76% of people who divorce believe it was the right choice after the fact.

you have to remember that this study is talking about people in midlife and older. it is inaccurate to say that women are unlikely to be happy after a divorce based on what you've cited, partially because "women" includes women like myself who apparently still have a lot of "value" on the "market." based on the study you cited, it doesn't seem like either men nor women fare that well after divorce. i don't see a clear delineation showing women have a lower "market value" then men.
                      my primal journal:

Comment

that's one way of looking at it. another way to look at it would be to accept that not all women are bitches and thus be OPEN to a nice girl, rather than to be closed to all possibilities. i don't consider companionship to be necessary, but imo it's preferable to have a companion than to be single. unless you truly want to be single for the rest of your life, which is cool if that's truly what you want.
                        I figured this kind of thing would come up. You need to realize that there are two kinds of ways to use the word "bitch." One is from an insecure and butt-hurt position after getting emotionally trounced or otherwise defeated by a woman. The other is from a powerful and dominant position that says, "You're being silly and I am disinclined to put up with your horseshit at this time." Bitch in that context is such a liberating notion for a couple of generations of men that have been taught that supplication to female whims is some kind of virtue of manliness. Bitch is used righteously, not antagonistically.
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• "Settle? No Way!" - a Heartless Bitches International Rant
                          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

that's one way of looking at it. another way to look at it would be to accept that not all women are bitches and thus be OPEN to a nice girl, rather than to be closed to all possibilities. i don't consider companionship to be necessary, but imo it's preferable to have a companion than to be single. unless you truly want to be single for the rest of your life, which is cool if that's truly what you want.
                            Oooh, NAWALT!

Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                            -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• so much revisionist bullcrap

Yeah, our forefathers who were the early settlers probably got along by settling in marriage as well as in a new land - and our foremothers probably settled for even less happiness! Why people glorify a hard agricultural, slum, and sweat-shop life in which mere mean survival, illnesses, early deaths, and poverty necessarily took priority over seeking happiness in marriage, has always puzzled me. Keep in mind that divorce was less accepted then, but wife-beating and abuse was accepted and kept private as a family matter. If that's what you settlers want, go for it all the way; don't do it only half-assed. If you're divorced, you've already blown it. You should have settled like the real settlers did!

Comment

• so velocity, you're telling me that all women are bitches (in the "nonreactive" definition that grumpy gives)?

this all comes back to what i said earlier; you're globalizing your subjecting experiences.
                                Last edited by Saoirse; 06-15-2011, 06:33 PM.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X