A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Who brought up vasectomies? I'll have a word with him.
    It sure as fuck wasn't me.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
      Well I'm close, I look like an ass hole.
      brown and puckered all the time?
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
        kenn what blackcat is talking about is a situation like i would be in if i divorced. i have three kids, no appreciable work experience, and no degree. it's not for lack of trying either. i volunteer outside our home, serve as a board member for a local business, and have taken classes online. this will certainly help me in the case that i need to be employed, but it's not going to do much good. at the most, it might make me look better than other applicants for a position as a server or something. my husband has been largely unsupportive of my outside-the-home work, even when i was going to school. this means i was receiving a fair amount of "you're wasting our money" and last minute changes of mind when he said he was going to watch the kids so i could take an important test. this was while i was trying to complete hours of homework per day and NEEDED his love and support (and help with the kids). now i have three kids and am basically a single mom. how do you think college or actual work EXPERIENCE can be achieved while staying at home with kids? if you put kids into daycare, that's not staying at home with them. so IF he cheated on me, became a drug addict 9or some other unlikely scenario) and i decided it was in the best interest of my children and myself to divorce, i would have no income to sustain our family. doesn't it make sense that a real man takes care of his own? and it's in my personality that i would resent every dollar he gave me, so i definitely would work towards self-sufficiency but of course that means we would have to give up our goal of raising the kids with a stay-at-home parent and homeschooling.

now if you're talking about a situation where one spouse decides to be unemployed because s/he just doesn't want to work, no i don't think that person should be supported for any length of time by the working ex-spouse. if that happens (i've never witnessed it), it's a failing of the system no matter the gender of the deadbeat. because our society accepts that women can/should be housewives and men should work, that's probably how it's interpreted in the courts.
        Absent children and proof of fault, there is no good reason a man should owe his ex-wife ONE RED CENT in the event of a divorce. If she stayed at home becoming best friends with Oprah instead of advancing in a pointless public relations career, that is her body her choice, and the consequences are hers to grapple with. There is nothing to prevent a woman to pursue a job while being a stay at home mom, especially given the power of internet driven businesses. To believe otherwise is to believe that the state should treat women like children, incapable of accounting for their own life choices. And if that’s the standard by which the state will act with regards to women’s post-marital entitlements, then I suggest the state extend its paternalistic logic to other realms in which women operate. A repeal of female voting rights would be a good start.

If a woman initiates divorce from a man and children are involved, unless she can prove fault by her husband she should not even get child support. I can already hear the disingenuous whining. “But the children will suffer! Think of the children!” If the children are suffering she can always stay with her husband, give them to the husband if she decides to ditch him, or put the kids up for adoption. If she wishes to give the kids to the ex-husband, but he’d rather not have his freedom and funtime curtailed by babysitting duties (and I wouldn’t blame him), *and* the divorce was his fault, he can have the option of paying child support in lieu of physically raising them.

Any woman who has a problem with what I wrote has revealed herself to be a leech intent on riding the gravy train.

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
          Absent children and proof of fault, there is no good reason a man should owe his ex-wife ONE RED CENT in the event of a divorce. If she stayed at home becoming best friends with Oprah instead of advancing in a pointless public relations career, that is her body her choice, and the consequences are hers to grapple with. There is nothing to prevent a woman to pursue a job while being a stay at home mom, especially given the power of internet driven businesses. To believe otherwise is to believe that the state should treat women like children, incapable of accounting for their own life choices. And if that’s the standard by which the state will act with regards to women’s post-marital entitlements, then I suggest the state extend its paternalistic logic to other realms in which women operate. A repeal of female voting rights would be a good start.

If a woman initiates divorce from a man and children are involved, unless she can prove fault by her husband she should not even get child support. I can already hear the disingenuous whining. “But the children will suffer! Think of the children!” If the children are suffering she can always stay with her husband, give them to the husband if she decides to ditch him, or put the kids up for adoption. If she wishes to give the kids to the ex-husband, but he’d rather not have his freedom and funtime curtailed by babysitting duties (and I wouldn’t blame him), *and* the divorce was his fault, he can have the option of paying child support in lieu of physically raising them.

Any woman who has a problem with what I wrote has revealed herself to be a leech intent on riding the gravy train.
          And this is why some women wait until the kids are out of school to divorce. I know of several who have done that. It's a trend I'm seeing more often.
          Georgette

Comment

As a man with an ex-wife who is paying child support for over 9 years and alimony for the first two - I wholeheartedly agree with this! She cheated on me, and yet the lawyers did it as a "no fault" and so I not only have "shared" custody (means I get them once every other weekend and one to two weeks a year), but I also get to pay child support till the youngest is 18. I have just under 7 more years! I have lots more details, but that is one long ass story and I get worked up telling it. So I will suffice it to say, the system for this crap is bullshit!
            "If a man has common sense, he has all the sense there is."

My Journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30234.html

Starting weight prePB - 258 lbs on 5/6/11

244.2 lbs on 6/3/11 (28 days in!)

240 lbs on 7/1/11 (59 days in!)

234.2 on 7/15/11 (73 days in!)

228.2 on 8/12/11 (101 days in!)

224 on 8/28/11 (117 days in!)

220.6 on 9/14/11 (134 days in!)

Goal weight PB - 205 lbs

Comment

• I wish my world was as black and white as some peoples.
              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                I wish my world was as black and white as some peoples.
                Instead of being passive-aggressive, present counter-arguments.
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                  Instead of being passive-aggressive, present counterpoints to his argument.
                  she & others would rather use shaming language and call me a misandryst (sp?)

Comment

• I agree with Blackcatbone and see no point in presenting counter-arguments in regards to such narrow minded views. Kenn made it clear he is not be open to honest discord/dialog based on what his edict:

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                      I agree with Blackcatbone and see no point in presenting counter-arguments in regards to such narrow minded views. Kenn made it clear he is not be open to honest discord/dialog based on what his edict:
                      Narrow minded? lmao

I'm more than willing to debate the issue, don't be edgy because I take a strong stance.

Comment

I agree with Blackcatbone and see no point in presenting counter-arguments in regards to such narrow minded views. Kenn made it clear he is not be open to honest discord/dialog based on what his edict:
                        This is what someone who has no counter-arguments says.
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Narrow minded? lmao

I'm more than willing to debate the issue, don't be edgy because I take a strong stance.
                          How can there be open and honest debate when such a dismissive and qualifying statement has already been made?

Comment

How can there be open and honest debate when such a dismissive and qualifying statement has already been made?
                            still waiting for your counter-arguments

Comment

• Sheesh, I didn't know what was in this thread and clicked the last 2 pages out of curiosity, and I still don't know what it's about!

Maybe I don't want to know...

Moving on...

Comment

• I agree with kenn's post... Once again I urge the people here to read Taken Into Custody by Stephen Baskerville if they wish to see just how corrupt the family "court" system is and how the divorce/child support INDUSTRY really is. Outside of wanting to raise children, there is no logical reason for any self-respecting man to marry in this country with the laws the way they are... and even non-marriage relationships can result in a man's ruination with just the say-so of a scorned woman.

Hell I'll go one further. I wouldn't, and won't, marry in this country period. There simply is no benefit to me as a man to do so.
                                Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                                -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Working...
                                X