No announcement yet.

A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah man I'm latino I can't part ways with onions and garlic... honestly I don't mind deodorant at all I rather like it ... don't think it's that big a deal to have those chemicals there since I shower regularly... but whatever everything else is going to kill me (like sitting, ain't that a bitch)
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Onions and garlic have good antioxidants. I'd rather use the deodorant and enjoy my onions & garlic.
      Georgette

Comment

• When I started shaving with a straight razor I began using an alum block (potassium alum) on my face after a shave to close pores, stop nicks and cuts from bleeding and as an antiseptic. I then heard that the same stuff is used as deodorant so I decided to give it a try and it works really well. ZERO odor at all. You dont need to rub it in every day either. This stuff is $5 at Walgreens and from what I can tell this will last a long time, maybe over 1 year.
        My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
        www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

• I must smell like a walking garlic clove then.
          I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• i'm bothered by deodorant because i worry about those chemicals getting into my baby's system (nursing, lymphatic drainage and all that). i only smell funky when i drink coffee, onions and garlic have no impact for me. then again, i'm not a guy, and i also don't work out much. sometimes i use the thai deodorant stone, but i don't really count that as deodorant (it's not really long-lasting). i've thought about getting some unscented stuff for those times that i'd really rather not stink (like when i drink coffee and have to be social), but then again, most of the people i know could care less about stink.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenLightJerky View Post
              When I started shaving with a straight razor I began using an alum block (potassium alum) on my face after a shave to close pores, stop nicks and cuts from bleeding and as an antiseptic. I then heard that the same stuff is used as deodorant so I decided to give it a try and it works really well. ZERO odor at all. You dont need to rub it in every day either. This stuff is $5 at Walgreens and from what I can tell this will last a long time, maybe over 1 year.
              Is there a Macho Man Randy Savage version that isn't pink? I'm too fierce for the pink...
              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• You are in luck iniQuity There is.

RazoRock Potassium Alum Aftershave 60g
                My name is Matt and I am a Beef Jerky Wizard.
                www.greenlightjerky.com

Comment

• Did feminism cause the "Nice guy syndrome" Or something else cause this?
                  Last edited by strom; 05-19-2011, 10:13 PM.
                  My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

• there are "nice girls" too, and there were "nice guys" long before feminism.
                    my primal journal:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                      there are "nice girls" too, and there were "nice guys" long before feminism.
                      lol'd!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                      Current Weight: 235 pounds
                      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• all those women caught up in feminism making their sons play with barbies caused it
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• Guy (or gal) friendly natural deodorant:

1 part Coconut oil
                          1 part baking soda
                          1 part starch (corn, tapioca, whatever)

Mix em all together, keep a jar in the bathroom, rub it on your pits after a shower. Easy enough, right? Especially since it really works.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            all those women caught up in feminism making their sons play with barbies caused it
                            I doubt it, but society is a fragile thing and people tend to forget that and don't think about the consequences of every action can have on the stability of society
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
                              Guy (or gal) friendly natural deodorant:

1 part Coconut oil
                              1 part baking soda
                              1 part starch (corn, tapioca, whatever)

Mix em all together, keep a jar in the bathroom, rub it on your pits after a shower. Easy enough, right? Especially since it really works.
                              Use alot of starch if you are sensitive

I use
                              1 cup soda
                              1 tbs coconut oil
                              1 tbs olive oil

Or about that.. mix until it's gooey

Comment

• Yeah, we go through a head of garlic a day. There's a reason I wear deodorant... I use the Arm and hammer stuff, which is better than alot of others. I tried crystal deodorant for a while. It works great in winter, in summer (I live in the home of 100-110* summers), not so much.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X