No announcement yet.

A thread wherein guys rant, complain, and chat about MANLY MAN THINGS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was about to say that any women in this thread who stuck it out through the "alpha" discussion are cool.

But I'm not going to say that anymore.

PERIODS? GET THE HELL OUT.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
      I was about to say that any women in this thread who stuck it out through the "alpha" discussion are cool.

But I'm not going to say that anymore.

PERIODS? GET THE HELL OUT.
      without them they have no sexual value
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
        without them they have no sexual value
        Yeah but with them they have too much sociopathic value.
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• The Man Thread is like my private den. It has furniture that I find comfortable. It has books on philosophy and science, and great literary works. It has space operas and action flicks. It has a pullup and dip station. It has animal hides. It has a replica of Conan's sword. It has a bust or two of some giants of history. It may or may not have a replica of the USS Enterprise and a collection of D&D books. What it does NOT have is a woman telling me about her period.
          You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
            The Man Thread is like my private den. It has furniture that I find comfortable. It has books on philosophy and science, and great literary works. It has space operas and action flicks. It has a pullup and dip station. It has animal hides. It has a replica of Conan's sword. It has a bust or two of some giants of history. It may or may not have a replica of the USS Enterprise and a collection of D&D books. What it does NOT have is a woman telling me about her period.
            I hope you mean CVN-65

Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
            Current Weight: 235 pounds
            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• It also has this.

Sorry, in a metal mood.
              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• So today on my peroid..
                "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                Currant: 136 lbs
                Goal: 125 lbs
                11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pink Grokoddess View Post
                  So today on my peroid..
                  You and me both sister. I have been a crabby PMS bitch for the past week and now I am just dying with cramps................

Love Ya GC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pink Grokoddess View Post
                    So today on my peroid..

OUT!

Comment

• Crom! This thread could use more lamentations of the women.
                      Last edited by strom; 05-11-2011, 06:44 PM.
                      My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

• That is either awesome or or gay, I can't tell which.

Comment

• Awesome, definitely awesome.

Comment

• Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• I'm sorry, but I had to report that. There is such a thing as too far.

Comment

• Originally posted by scubasam View Post
                                My husband is over a foot taller than me, well built, very strong and he loves to tinker with things and build stuff. I too love to build stuff. When we need to put a piece of furniture together and I want to do it, should I not do it because it is a slap to his manhood that I can do something physical as well as he can?

I do most of the cooking. He loves to cook as well, should he not cook because he is getting in the way of what I do best and its not a mans job to nurture the family? Or, is it okay because he is the man so he gets to pick and choose which chores he gets to handle, while I simply do whatever he does not want to?

A man who is truly comfortable with his position in life will not find 'female work' demeaning and will not be threatened by a woman who is physically strong and capable of building furniture, a fire or any other sort of 'male work'. I can be as tender as a baby chicken, or as tough as nails depending on the situation, as can he. We've been together almost 14 years and married almost 12.

He is a man through and through, served in the IAF and is the best thing that ever happened to me. Yet he has changed many diapers, he washes dishes, he does laundry at times, he helps me out when I need his help and I help him out when he needs my help (be it writing a document or carrying our vegetable garden from the deck where he built it to its resting home). We are a team and we do what needs to be done without worrying about silly stereotypes society places on us.

That to me is an alpha male, a man who is not threatened by 'woman's work' and will roll up his sleeves and get his hands dirty in a sink full of dishes as easily as he will chop wood for me or clean his rifle.
                                +10000 It's all about team work and mutual respect.
                                My Journal
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X