The US Government Hard at Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US Government Hard at Work

Keeping us safe from raw milk: Feds sting Amish farmer selling raw milk locally - Washington Times

A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania, culminated in the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area.

The product in question: unpasteurized milk.

I mean, OK you want to go after the poor bastard but couldn't you just walk in and ask "Are you selling raw milk?" Amish farmer I assume will tell the truth: "Yup." "Well, you're under arrest." Done.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Yeah it's out of control...truly sad. I can hardly believe it's come to this.

Comment

Thanks for posting this! It's a great article to remember. To link to in a link love. To spread across the web. To get the word out about primal. I have yet to try raw milk but want to so bad you have no idea.
      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

I love raw milk
        "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
        www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

This is why Canada is better.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

There have been quite a few raids in recent historyhttp://youtu.be/X2jgpGyyQW8

Comment

Originally posted by IvyBlue View Post
              I mean, OK you want to go after the poor bastard but couldn't you just walk in and ask "Are you selling raw milk?" Amish farmer I assume will tell the truth: "Yup." "Well, you're under arrest." Done.
              They probably didn't do that because it's actually legal to sell raw milk in Pennsylvania. It doesn't become a crime until the raw milk crosses state lines. They had to set up the sting so they could bust him under the interstate commerce clause.

SMH.
              The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

Originally posted by theholla View Post
                They probably didn't do that because it's actually legal to sell raw milk in Pennsylvania. It doesn't become a crime until the raw milk crosses state lines. They had to set up the sting so they could bust him under the interstate commerce clause.

SMH.
                nothing like abusing the "commerce clause" which was never meant to be used to justify every act of government like it is today
                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

My dad and I have had several conversations about black market food- how many we already consume and which foods we love that will become illegal. *sigh*

And people think we aren't losing our freedoms...

Comment

Our taxes hard at work defending the citizens!!!!

That is an good example of the government making laws from a knee-jerk reaction years ago because some people got sick from it. Once the law is made it is never repealed.

I watched Stossel one night on a similar story of a nice retired couple (I believe in Texas) that was in the orchid business. They allegedly sold a type of rare orchid without the proper paperwork. They lost everything and the hubby went to jail. Never been in trouble in his life. WTF
                    I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

Heh. "Losing our freedoms". Major industry owns food safety regulation at every level, primarily thanks to Monsanto's cheerful pocket stuffing. I think this is probably fairly bi-partisan BS; though If we are "losing our freedoms" it's by way of a panic-ridden and mostly stupid populace that's easily convinced to act against their own best self-interests. Various state-wide attempts to legalize it in the past few years which have passed state legislatures with wide bi-partisan support have been vetoed by Republican and Democratic governors both.
                      Yeah, this sucks. Power to the family farmer.
                      Last edited by mixie; 04-29-2011, 02:37 PM.
                      “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
                      - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

It's funny that in addition to marijuana growers, prostitutes, hispanics, racial/sexual minorities, and muslims, now rural farmers are being boned by the american law enforcement-judicial-imprisonment-industrial complex.

Conservatives: this is what happens when you support violent power structures. Eventually they'll set their sights on you, too.
                        “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
                          It's funny that in addition to marijuana growers, prostitutes, hispanics, racial/sexual minorities, and muslims, now rural farmers are being boned by the american law enforcement-judicial-imprisonment-industrial complex.

Conservatives: this is what happens when you support violent power structures. Eventually they'll set their sights on you, too.
                          really? you're going to make this a political party thread?

doesn't matter which party is in power, they do the same sh*t
                          Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                          Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                          Current Weight: 235 pounds
                          Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
                            hispanics, racial/sexual minorities, and muslims
                            Same thing. Oh and if you support prostitution then you're a moron. While I agree that the people forced into it shouldn't be charged, there should be a rehabilitation/job finding program in place.
                            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                              really? you're going to make this a political party thread?

doesn't matter which party is in power, they do the same sh*t
                              it's not about political parties, it's about putting some perspective on the "we're losing our freedoms!" thing. There were never any freedoms to begin with.

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                              Same thing. Oh and if you support prostitution then you're a moron.
                              I don't support prostitution. I support not using violence against innocent people.
                              “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Working...
                              X