Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Business Men... And their clothes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Business Men... And their clothes...

Not sure if you guys know but Rivvin's business is really taking off, we're all so proud! We were talking on the phone this evening when he mentioned that he needed to buy a suit for some more fancy shmancy meetings he had coming up, any advice? My first thought was Men's Warehouse, but I doubt they carry organic cotton.
    Heres the question, what kind of business suit would Grok wear? Come on! This is fun, lets play dress up. I voted for linen and tweed and all that jazz.
    Last edited by huntergirlhayden; 04-28-2011, 06:47 PM.
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

Tell him to go for a 3 piece suit and to find an independent shop to purchase from that does their own tailoring you'll get better quality and pricing

just out of curiosity what does his biz do?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I do this!

(https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result)

But now I have to start dressing up nice, and I don't know what to do! I don't know if it is business acceptable to wear the hide from a fresh kill in a business meeting or not.

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
        Tell him to go for a 3 piece suit and to find an independent shop to purchase from that does their own tailoring you'll get better quality and pricing

just out of curiosity what does his biz do?
        Well, I guess he cleared that up for you on what his business does.
        I LOVE this idea with the three piece suit, I think we're going to Pretty Woman this thing, I'm going to make him play dress up!
        "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
        Denis Waitley

Comment

Originally posted by huntergirlhayden View Post
          Well, I guess he cleared that up for you on what his business does.
          I LOVE this idea with the three piece suit, I think we're going to Pretty Woman this thing, I'm going to make him play dress up!
          It's an internet company, I'm confused why he would have to dress up?

Comment

It's an internet company, I'm confused why he would have to dress up?
            Well, as a real person who has to see other real people, I (unfortunately) have to wear real clothes and not internet clothes. If that wasn't true, i would conduct all my business naked or at least with some whitey tighteys on.

edit: holy crap I am going to start a business that sells internet clothes.
            Last edited by Rivvin; 04-28-2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
              Well, as a real person who has to see other real people, I have to wear real clothes and not internet clothes. If that wasn't true, i would conduct all my business naked or at least with some whitey tighteys on.
              I'm just confused why you would need anything more than Business casual?

I'm not denigrating your company, I think it's great your business is taking off. I'm just curious is all.

Comment

I'm just confused why you would need anything more than Business casual?

I'm not denigrating your company, I think it's great your business is taking off. I'm just curious is all.
                haha, I know man, I'm just being a bit of a dick. There are a couple occasions I am going to have to dress up for and I don't actually know how!

Comment

haha, I know man, I'm just being a bit of a dick. There are a couple occasions I am going to have to dress up for and I don't actually know how!
                  3 piece suit & double windsor knot (full windsor) & black wingtips for impression, get navy blue (do not get a black suit for business)

If you go to a tailor shop, their will be someone that can explain everything to you and get you a fitted suit which is what you want, it doesn't have to be that expensive either, avoid big box retailers unless its Brooks Brothers

http://artofmanliness.com/2010/04/02...-suit-buttons/
                  http://artofmanliness.com/2010/02/26...ery-man-needs/
                  http://artofmanliness.com/2010/02/12...nvassed-suits/
                  http://artofmanliness.com/2011/04/26...th-shirt-suit/
                  Last edited by kenn; 04-28-2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

3 piece suit & double windsor knot (full windsor) & black wingtips for impression, get navy blue (do not get a black suit for business)

If you go to a tailor shop, their will be someone that can explain everything to you and get you a fitted suit which is what you want, it doesn't have to be that expensive either, avoid big box retailers unless its Brooks Brothers

Suit Buttons: What Every Man Needs to Know | The Art of Manliness
                    Suit Alterations for Men | The Art of Manliness
                    Men’s Suit Basics: Fussed vs. Canvassed Suits | The Art of Manliness
                    How to Match a Tie with a Dress Shirt and Suit | The Art of Manliness
                    Wow this is actually really good information, I am going to read through all of those links. Thanks!

Comment

I voted for linen and tweed and all that jazz.
                      +1 And I would go business casual--so tees & a blazer, not ties and a suit.

Here are a couple of looks that I like:
                      Men's sportcoats & vests - Ludlow sportcoats - Herringbone linen sportcoat in Ludlow fit - J.Crew
                      Men's sportcoats & vests - Ludlow sportcoats - Corded cotton sportcoat in Ludlow fit - J.Crew
                      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                        + another 1 here - your business is contemporary and informal, so I'd echo that in your dress. It's possible (as in those links DF put up) to look informal but dressy at the same time. And, don't forget, you also want to look hot
                        Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Off topic, but I have to say that my co-worker is always talking up that app! Congrats! Too bad I have an iPhone instead of an Android phone.

-TaliaK

Comment

I wear suits a lot for work, and those I work with do as well. I work with a mix of ages and only older men wear three piece suits. I'd say 50 plus.

Comment

Definitely have a one or 2 suits black, grey or navy and then you could get a multitude of dress shirts to go with them to kind of have fun with. Since your a younger guy I would go that route as well as have some biz casual stuff, polos khakis, maybe even some nice jeans for more low key events. Glad to hear your biz is taking off!!!
                              Georgette

Comment

Working...
                              X