Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugh, is it regular flu or carb flu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ugh, is it regular flu or carb flu?

    I've been feeling fantastic up until today, but around 4:00 a.m. this morning I woke up because my hands were hurting. And then later on after I got up, just feeling general malaise and painful twinges throughout my body. And later on, my throat swelled up a bit, lymph nodes in neck hurt and I have a dry cough.

    No fever, I don't think, but I'm feeling pretty awful right now. I don't know anyone with the flu, though I guess you could catch it anywhere. But wondering if it could be delayed onset carb flu (I've been Primal 31 days now).

    Has anyone else experienced this, or am I perhaps really getting sick?

  • #2
    IMO, I don't think that swollen lymph nodes and a cough could be a symptom of carb flu(CHO withdrawal)...

    Comment


    • #3
      Yep, I think I'm in denial. I was feeling a kind of bulletproof since going Primal, and hoping my immune system was in top form. I think I may be getting the flu. Double UGH!!

      Comment


      • #4
        It sounds like you've caught a bug. I'd go to the doctor due to the swollen lymph nodes. Could be strep; you don't want to mess with that.
        Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

        Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)


        Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

        My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by HTownGirl View Post
          Yep, I think I'm in denial. I was feeling a kind of bulletproof since going Primal, and hoping my immune system was in top form. I think I may be getting the flu. Double UGH!!
          Early on, you're still healing. It takes a while for the immune system to get itself back in gear when you're just now eating what you ought to eat. Give it time (and in this case, lots of hot tea, antibiotics, chicken soup, and as much hot spicy Thai chicken as you can tolerate).
          Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

          Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)


          Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

          My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

          Comment


          • #6
            I ate Thai chicken soup for lunch today--and I felt a lot better afterwards.

            I've only had strep once in my life and it was awful. I'm hoping it is just allergies. Lots of pollen in SE Texas right now, and we are in the middle of a bad drought (I can't remember the last time it rained.) So no cleansing rain.

            Oddly, my allergies cleared up almost overnight (or so I thought). Going to make it an early night--sleep should help.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Griff View Post
              Early on, you're still healing. It takes a while for the immune system to get itself back in gear when you're just now eating what you ought to eat. Give it time (and in this case, lots of hot tea, antibiotics, chicken soup, and as much hot spicy Thai chicken as you can tolerate).
              Oh, I can tolerate a LOT of spicy Thai chicken!! "Thai" Hot--and don't look at me like I might not know what I'm getting into when I order it that way, LOL!

              Comment


              • #8
                I've been primal for over a year now and it has not made me immune to getting sick. I caught a nasty bug in March that basically brought down everyone in my unit. And that is despite having a recent Vit D level of 78! Primal eating does not make you invincible.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good news! I feel perfectly fine now--my body seems to have fought off whatever was ailing me yesterday.

                  Full steam ahead!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Barb View Post
                    I've been primal for over a year now and it has not made me immune to getting sick. I caught a nasty bug in March that basically brought down everyone in my unit. And that is despite having a recent Vit D level of 78! Primal eating does not make you invincible.
                    No, that's true. On the other hand, the two times I've been sick with a caught bug since I started Primal nearly two years ago were similar experiences to what HTownGirl has reported - quick and over with in a couple days tops. The immune system works really well on Primal, even if it's not a bulletproof shield. At best, only BB pellets can get through it.
                    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

                    Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)


                    Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

                    My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X