Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holly Shit we all have an eating disorder!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holly Shit we all have an eating disorder!!!!

According to this yahoo article we all fit the description of this new eating disorder lmao.

New Eating Disorders: Are They For Real?
    "Live Free or Die"

Son of a bitch looks like I'm about 29 hours to late. Its already been posted. Boooooo
    "Live Free or Die"

Comment

Calling everything an eating disorder is bad mojo
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Hey, I was a raw vegan and got diagnosed with orthorexia because I knew, I just -knew- "cooked food was poison" and I would die if I didn't eat raw living foods because my body wouldn't be able to break them down without their natural living enzymes... But then I had to spend some time in the hospital for a protein deficiency and I knew, i just -knew- I was gonna die either way so I might as well die a little bit slower...
        Everybody has a preference, obviously the author of the article has the preference to not research things correctly. Disdaining processed foods isn't an eating disorder. Obsessing about them is...
        "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
        Denis Waitley

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
          Calling everything an eating disorder is bad mojo
          You eating disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by huntergirlhayden View Post
            Hey, I was a raw vegan and got diagnosed with orthorexia because I knew, I just -knew- "cooked food was poison" \..
            Yep. Got offa that boat before I had to visit the hospital.

Comment

The absurdity of calling something an eating disorder in the absence of neurosis or harm to the subject boggles the mind. Language has already taken enough of a beating this century, it can't take anymore.
              Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                You eating disorder.
                my point is a lot of people who call things an eating disorder seem to be ignoring deeper issues

as in the "eating disorder" is a symptom not the disease
                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

oh snap
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

It's so absurd and bizarre... you're wrong for eating healthy. It's like they WANT you to be a walking pile of... you know

Comment

Imo, this is bull. Eating right isn't a disorder. Wanting to be healthy is rational, especially given how being too heavy can mess up your life and health. I have an ED, a real one, not this trend piece bs one they've made up here, and imo eating right isn't disordered.

A good rule of thumb would be neurosis, obsession and whether your life is negatively preoccupied with obsessive food thoughts, etc. Any diet, food plan, activity etc can become extreme and disordered, but just wanting to be healthy isn't innately disordered, any more than the guy who has 1 glass of wine every year on his birthday is an alcoholic just because ANY alcohol at all must therefore be alcoholism.

No reputable doctor or psychologist would recommend ED treatment for a person who was not being made depressed and miserable by their diet, so this strikes me as just silliness that will generate outrage and pageviews for the article. But very little else of consequence. I doubt anyone is about to be shoved into ED treatment for being primal. Or being vegan, being into raw food, etc.
                      Getting my Grok on in the Pacific Northwest.

"C is for cookie, that's good enough for me."
                      "Cookie is a sometimes food."
                      "Sometimes cookie monster eat APPLE instead of COOKIE. Sometimes eat CARROT."
                      -Cookie Monster, partially reformed sugarholic

"

Comment

Orthorexia is a real ED. however the media portrayals of it say we have it, vegans have it, people who eat organic have it.
                        REAL orthorexia is an obsession. a fixation. inability to THINK about other things. to the point that your eating gets in the way of other parts of your life. An orthorexic wouldn't say "I should bring something to the party so I'll be sure there's something I can eat" they'd say "I can't go to the party because I might be around bad food." Also, a primal person in a situation where there is no good primal food (for longer than a regular fasting period) will eat non-primal foods, an orthorexic wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by moonablaze View Post
                          Orthorexia is a real ED. however the media portrayals of it say we have it, vegans have it, people who eat organic have it.
                          REAL orthorexia is an obsession. a fixation. inability to THINK about other things. to the point that your eating gets in the way of other parts of your life. An orthorexic wouldn't say "I should bring something to the party so I'll be sure there's something I can eat" they'd say "I can't go to the party because I might be around bad food." Also, a primal person in a situation where there is no good primal food (for longer than a regular fasting period) will eat non-primal foods, an orthorexic wouldn't.
                          I was going to say something along the lines of this. I'm orthorexic about SOME frankenfoods, but certainly not all. I do constantly think "man, this garbage is EVERYWHERE" but I don't think I'm walking on coals and must stay indoors to avoid it. I'm sure there's folks that do, unfortunately.
                          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Eating disorders usually make people sick. I feel pretty damn good having my 'eating disorder'.

Comment

According to Queen Oprah's new show about eating disorders, it all stems from your childhood and abuse. Oh, and it's always mommies fault.

I don't see any of the primals as an eating disorder. Mainly because most of us have turned to this for help with medical issues caused by certain foods.
                              I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

Working...
                              X