Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Wrong With The Primal Diet and Paleo Diet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Wrong With The Primal Diet and Paleo Diet?

According to Raw Food Health us primal diet eaters believe the best foods are fatty meats, organ meats, dairy, honey, minimal fruit and vegetables, and coconut, all served raw.

Should I laugh or cry?
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Cry tears of rage.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Laugh. It's better for your health.

Comment

It's like they've Google-translated into Swahili and back again to get that summary.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkyria View Post
          According to Raw Food Health us primal diet eaters believe the best foods are fatty meats, organ meats, dairy, honey, minimal fruit and vegetables, and coconut, all served raw.

Should I laugh or cry?
          you should send them food, they must be hungry
          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            Laugh. It's better for your health.
            True, and being healthy is my goal so laughing it is.

The person behind that website seems to believe fruit is the best choice, and eats like this:

For breakfast I might eat a luscious, juicy watermelon in two sittings, which accounts for 1355 calories. My lunch is a banana smoothies, or 12 medium bananas, which equals 1260 calories.

My dinner is 10 kiwi fruit (464 calories) , followed about an hour later by a large bowl of salad with four tomatoes, a small piece of avocado (I suggest that most people do not consume overt fats for the first few months on this diet, as fat hampers the body's ability to absorb simple sugars from the blood stream into cells, which can diminish energy and causes problems) and some assorted vegetables (235 calories).

For a snack I may eat 100 grapes at 161 calories. The grand total is 3571 calories for the day, and my ratio is at six percent fat, seven percent protein, and 87 percent carbohydrates. Perfect.

As much as I like bananas I would probably get a bit fed up eating 12 of them in one go ...
            Last edited by Valkyria; 04-24-2011, 01:04 PM.
            "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
            Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Comment

It's called a straw man argument.

Comment

This article even used plenty of references. Just shows that there is enough "evidence" to support almost any faulty claim. Misinterpretations and poorly constructed studies are the norm

Comment

Originally posted by Pandadude View Post
                  This article even used plenty of references. Just shows that there is enough "evidence" to support almost any faulty claim. Misinterpretations and poorly constructed studies are the norm
                  One classic sign of garbage science is articles that don't link their references. This is the Internet, and you can at least give us the abstract from PubMed.

Comment

the highest number of bananas i can eat at one go is 2. how the hell can these people cram upwards of 15 down their throats
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

[QUOTE=Valkyria;424863]
                      For breakfast I might eat a luscious, juicy watermelon in two sittings, which accounts for 1355 calories. My lunch is a banana smoothies, or 12 medium bananas, which equals 1260 calories.

My dinner is 10 kiwi fruit (464 calories) , followed about an hour later by a large bowl of salad with four tomatoes, a small piece of avocado (I suggest that most people do not consume overt fats for the first few months on this diet, as fat hampers the body's ability to absorb simple sugars from the blood stream into cells, which can diminish energy and causes problems) and some assorted vegetables (235 calories).

For a snack I may eat 100 grapes at 161 calories. The grand total is 3571 calories for the day, and my ratio is at six percent fat, seven percent protein, and 87 percent carbohydrates. Perfect.

I hope this guy has good health insurance. How long do you think before this WOE comes back to bite him in the ass?

Comment

Not even worth our effort, guys. If they don't want to portray the primal diet like it is practiced then that's their own problem.

It is interesting that fruitarians think that humans are adapted to eat large quantities of modern high-sugar fruit. Herbivores get most of their calories from fat in the form of short-chain fatty acids, but humans have a limited capability to produce those, especially from modern fruit. Because all animals are best adapted to run on fat for health but we can't make enough of it from fermentation we ought to eat a fat-rich diet. Pretty simple. You can't expect these people to know things like how herbivore's metabolism actually works, but you can expect them to have many assertions as to what a herbivore's physiology is like and who is one.
                        Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

i read something about fruititarians (spelling) but i thought it was a joke or something! lol i could never be that! i would be starving all the time, and my insulin would kill me :/ oh well its not our lives we cant save everyone even tho we would like to!
                          I am the creator of my reality

Comment

Sources ON Primal Diet

16) Campbell, T. Colin. The China Study. Dallas: Benbella Books, 2004. Pg 80.
                            Really isn't much more to say. Bad enough to try and use The China Study as evidence against, but as supposed evidence ABOUT, LOL.
                            Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                            Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                            Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                            Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

Anyone want to let them know Eskimo is a reasonably insulting label that is politically incorrect? They are Innuit. Also, tubers? In the high Arctic? I've spent enough time up there to know that tubers are just not going to grow there.
                              Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

Working...
                              X