Anyone Own Soft Star shoes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Own Soft Star shoes?

I am seriously thinking about getting a pair. I have $75 to spend from coming in fourth place at bowling. I thought they would be a good buy.
    Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Wonderful company. Cool looking shoes. Their shoes didn't work out for me. I wear about 13 4E. i bought the thin sole RunAmoks. So it's like trying to walk or run in swim flippers.

Also, I find they collect sand and rocks like a vacuum.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

I am thinking about either the Roo or Riley, so the sand and such shouldn't be as much of a problem. I have Merrell Pace Gloves for running in. I also wear a normal size 8-9 in women's shoes

They are making a new version of the Runamok though, it looks kind of cool. You can see it on their blog.
      Meghan

My MDA journal

Comment

I own two pair and my family owns several pair of Soft Star shoes. I like them a lot. I wear them for hiking, walking, running and around the house. For people who run, walk, or hike in a lot of sand or gravel, they should buy RunAmoc SMOOTH, not RunAmoc LITE. The SMOOTH does not have perforations in the leather and so does not let in particles of sand and rock. I have a pair of these and they work great.

The RunAmoc SMOOTH are found in the build your own section.
        Last edited by Dean Kriegel; 04-25-2011, 10:01 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

I have a pair of the RunAmoc Lites. I haven't done much running in them but they are my go to shoe when not at work for walking and everyday use. I love them, and will order another pair without hesitation.

Comment

I'm wearing my Run a Moc lites right now. I mostly bought them to wear at work since my dress shoes that I was wearing had super thick heels. They feel closer to barefoot than my Vibram classics. And they're holding up pretty well. I think I got them back in November or October and the soles are getting pretty smooth, but I think they should last a good while longer.

Also, I followed their sizing guidelines and I think they make you get shoes that are a little too large. I debated sending mine back for a smaller size, but decided to just wait till I got a new pair.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
              Also, I followed their sizing guidelines and I think they make you get shoes that are a little too large. I debated sending mine back for a smaller size, but decided to just wait till I got a new pair.

I measured my foot (instructions on their site) and sent the measurements not an actual size. My shoes fit fine. Perhaps that is one way of avoiding the issue of their sizing guidelines?

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                I measured my foot (instructions on their site) and sent the measurements not an actual size. My shoes fit fine. Perhaps that is one way of avoiding the issue of their sizing guidelines?
                Good to know. I used their guidlines and chose my size based on that. They fit, but there is at least 0.5" extra length that made them feel flipper-like till I got used to them.

Comment

I've got a pair of runamocs and I love them! I use them when my vibrams feel tight around the toes

Comment

I think it is decided then, SoftStars for me!

I am going to get the Roos or Riley. Not sure yet.
                    Meghan

My MDA journal

Comment

I have a pair of the RunAmoc lites and adore them. I wear them as my daily go to shoes and they are the only shoes I have ever owned that I don't kick off my feet the instant I come in the door. I plan to buy some more suitable for wet/cold weather before the end of the summer
                      Bee
                      Newly primal mama. Taking my family along on the walk to a healthy, strong and happy primal life.
                      Losing fat, building strength, having fun.
                      My journal is here (please ignore my excessive use of exclamation points and smilies, I just can't help myself! )

Comment

I ordered a pair, sent them back (too small) and then ordered a new pair. If you wait a few days I can give you a review.
                        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Cool! Let me know!
                          Meghan

My MDA journal

Comment

I'm going to get some runamoks with the trail sole for hiking. Might wait and see what the new styles are before I order, thanks for the heads up on that.
                            Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                            Harold Whitman

Comment

I have a pair of runamoks lite (the ones they market for running) and a pair of Ramblers for when it's cold. I love both pair...they're a nice "barefoot" shoe for times I don't want the attention that vibrams tend to bring, or I just want something that looks a little more mainstream. My husband calls them my bag lady shoes though LOL

Drawback of the runamoks is that the little holes that allow for great ventilation also let in dirt and tiny pebbles and my feet get cold pretty easily (but, I have the same problem with Vibrams - I just tend to have cold feet). I've yet to find a drawback to the ramblers! I do like that the runamocs tie on, so they're secure for things like running or hiking. The ramblers and other shoes that don't tie slip off/on pretty easily. Not a problem for normal wear, but I wouldn't want to wear them for any type of real sporting activity.
                              Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Working...
                              X