TOMS shoes - primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOMS shoes - primal?

Would you all consider the TOMS shoes brand to be a "primal" shoe? They have very minimal support and allow the foot to be flexible. I own a pair, and I love them. I have a semi-wide foot, and my toes spread out nicely in the shoe. Plus, when you purchase a pair, another pair gets sent to a child in developing countries.

Thoughts?
    Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

by that train of thought i could consider my ballet slip on slippers things primal
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      by that train of thought i could consider my ballet slip on slippers things primal
      You're a girl!?
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I totally consider my ballet slip-ons primal. I wish I could wear Toms, but I have an incredibly high arch, so the pair I tried on was really uncomfortable on the top of my foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
          You're a girl!?
          Well, I'm pretty sure she's not Simon Pegg.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

LOL! @ Owly!
            Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
              You're a girl!?
              i guess i didn't have my vagina showing enough

Originally posted by Owly View Post
              Well, I'm pretty sure she's not Simon Pegg.
              are you suuuuuuuure?
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

I would consider them more primal then other footwear out there. On that note I have a pair I wear all the time.

Comment

I love mine, but my toes do not spread out at all. I feel like the forefoot is way too narrow. I guess if your toes spread out in them, they are probably pretty close. The sole is thin and flexible. And I do love the company's ethos.

Although I've wondered (because I'm a dyed-in-the-wool contrarian), what with all this information now about barefoot running and such...is giving these shoes to children the right thing to do? What if we're messing up their foot anatomy just like we've been messing up ours all this time?
                  The Paleo Periodical
                  It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Comment

we are but i figure protected from glass feets is better
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                    X