Strong Moment!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strong Moment!

So, I'm in the office when a shipment of Paper comes in from UPS. This waife of a female is struggling like heck to move these paper boxes around to get them in to storage. After listening for a couple minutes (hehe), I told her I would take care of it. They didn't even seem too heavy, and I was able to move them around easily, YAY! She was VERY impressed! And I was very proud of my progress, woohoo!
    My Journal
    sigpic

I love this... as you might have guessed from my tag line below!
    Strong is the new Skinny!

Comment

I'm finding my view of what is "pretty" is changing as you say. I look at how fit or strong someone looks as how attractive they are. I LOVE actually BEING strong, and not necessarily LOOKING as strong as I am.
      My Journal
      sigpic

Comment

Nice.
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

High five! I had my own bad-ass moment at work yesterday. My boss had ordered a whole mess of steel rods, but I was the only one in the studio when they arrived and had to wrangle them up from the loading dock alone. The first bundle said it was 45 lbs on it, so I figured they were all the same. It was only after getting them all into the studio that I realized all the others were about a hundred lbs each, and I had no more problem with them than I did the 45 lbs bundle. Being strong is awesome!
          Journaling the process of kicking my own butt into shape

Comment

WooHoo! <<High Five>> Back at ya!
            My Journal
            sigpic

Comment

Looks good on ya! Strong women are where it's at!

Comment

It would be fun if more ladies shared some "Strong Moments" so we could all <High Five> eachother, what do ya say, Ladies?
                My Journal
                sigpic

Comment

I love being strong, and feeling strong! I have to admit, I take a certain twisted delight when I hand something really heavy to someone else, and they are totally surprised by it <evil grin>
                  Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Comment

awesome!
                    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

there are men and women in my office. I always end up being the one to change the water on the cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                        there are men and women in my office. I always end up being the one to change the water on the cooler.
                        I used to have to ask the men to do that for me, but I have done it for myself the last 2 times.
                        My Journal
                        sigpic

Comment

Strong Moment #2: I was working at the Reno River Festival. I had to set up a tent, and booth by myself. Some of the others around me helped with the things that were just impossible logistically. While breaking down the tent and packing it in the box to be shipped back to VA, the guy that was helping me turned his back to get something, and I loaded the box on his handtruck. When he turned around, he was like "Did you just do that yourself?", and proceeded to grab my bicep to check my muscle strength, lol. OF COURSE, I had to flex while he was checking me out!
                          My Journal
                          sigpic

Comment

Wooo! I'm building up some pretty intimidating biceps now too. Can't wait to be that strong!
                            I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

I help my husband move heavy auto parts in our garage all the time. I'm talking axles, rims, you name it
                              Georgette

Comment

Working...
                              X