No announcement yet.

Somewhat OT: Any Game of Thrones fans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somewhat OT: Any Game of Thrones fans?

I say somewhat OT, because I wanted to link to my Grain-Free Game of Thrones Feast that I made for the HBO premiere.

Any fans of the books here? Did you watch the HBO show? I plan on making a main dish from the books every Sunday for the next 9 weeks--I'll put them on my blog.

Hells yeah. The books rock though I have been going mental for the last seems like dozen years waiting for the newest. I was really happy with how the show turned out. I'll definitely check out your blog. if you figure out a grain free lemon cake you will be my GF's hero.

Just went to the blog...holy hells. I am totally watching the next episode at your house. That food rocks! And a grain free lemon cake. You are my new hero.
    Last edited by canio6; 04-19-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I have given Camelot on Starz and Game of Thones a try... I freaking LOOOOVE Camelot (cos I love Eva Green!) but not quite sure what I think of Game of Thrones yet... but I've only seen one episode... I'll continue to give it a try...
      March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
      Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

We watched it on Sunday. Hubby read book but i haven't yet. i liked it!
        Julia
        Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
        Started Primal Mid January 2011
        Current Weight 183
        Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
        http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yep! Love the books - getting tired of waiting for A Dance with Dragons, though...

Comment

LOVE it! I can't wait until they get more into Tyrion and The Hound's characters.

"The things I do for love" had my stepmom gasping. She'd never read the books. And whoa, the dude they got for Viserys is perfect.

Comment

Watching it tomorrow night or sometime Thursday. Will give my review then.
              Georgette

Comment

I just downloaded the first book onto my e-reader, once I finish the last of the Girl with the Dragon tattoo book, I'll be starting it. We don't subscribe to HBO up here (its part of a package, that would cost me big bucks monthly to get that channel, and its the only channel we'd watch!). I will however have my husband acquire a copy.
                SW: 235
                CW:220
                Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
                Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
                Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
                Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Watched the first episode last night...eh...so much sex! Maybe it was just the mood I was in but I got tired of all the banging going on. Are the books as bad?

I think it has potential, I'm going to keep watching but can't say I'm really a fan yet.
                  See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Comment

LOVE the books, dying for the next (already pre-ordered for my Nook) and loving the HBO series. So far, I've enjoyed the casting. And I think they did a good job of introducing the crazy plots in a pretty clear way. I wish there were more book series that were as good. The only other that I've enjoyed as much is the Acacia series by David Anthony Durham.

The books have a lot of sex- I tell my friends it's like Harry Potter with an R rating. Not sure what George RR Martin would say about that, though.

Comment

The sex is canonical. I tell my friends it's like a medieval version of The Sopranos and The Wire.

Comment

Yeah, sex abounds but I would say it dies down after the first book. It is hard to stab someone in the back if you are stabbing them in the...anyway. They just had to toss some sex in at the beginning as it helps define some 'relationships' No more said for spoiler reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                          I have given Camelot on Starz and Game of Thones a try... I freaking LOOOOVE Camelot (cos I love Eva Green!) but not quite sure what I think of Game of Thrones yet... but I've only seen one episode... I'll continue to give it a try...
                          Camelot is ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

they couldn't have picked a more effeminate Arthur if they tried
                          Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                          Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                          Current Weight: 235 pounds
                          Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I really enjoyed the books, I'm a little worried about when the 5th one comes out, I am gonna have to do some re-reading of the previous ones to since it's been so long. I watched the trailer for the show, looks good. Won't be watching it though as we (my wife and I) decided to ditch cable about a year ago.

But I'm patient, you have to be with this series, and it will eventually be on Netflix.
                            "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
                            - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

Originally posted by Goldsmith View Post
                              I really enjoyed the books, I'm a little worried about when the 5th one comes out, I am gonna have to do some re-reading of the previous ones to since it's been so long. I watched the trailer for the show, looks good. Won't be watching it though as we (my wife and I) decided to ditch cable about a year ago.

But I'm patient, you have to be with this series, and it will eventually be on Netflix.
                              Patience is good. Much like the books there are 50 characters to introduce and it takes time. Once it gets going...holy hells.

Comment

Working...
                              X