• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mike Tyson Loves Being Vegan..."

Mike Tyson Loves Being Vegan: It's Changed His Life : TreeHugger

Good luck, Mike...
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Shall we lay odd as to how long he can hold out before he goes for some nice scrumptous ear?

Comment

*facepalm*

Oh I mean *facepunch* it's mike after all. I'm glad he is enjoying is amazing vegan diet where he sometimes aches and forgets to eat but has lost a lot of weight and doesn't eat any of that "processed crap" anymore. I'm glad that "meat-avoidance" is helping him

On a scale from 1-10 how obvious is it that the new trendiness of veganism is premised upon the health benefits of not eating processed food like seed oils and sugar, attending to nutrition, and the environmental argument that falsely states that the only way to not rob the world blind of precious resources is to be a vegan. I say 10 from my perspective, what say you from yours, MDA? What about from Mike Tyson's? What is obvious from Mike Tyson's perspective in general?

Socrates taught us to always be meticulous in defining our terminology so as to be clear about what we're actually talking about. Are we doing that as a message board? As a species? What say you?
      Last edited by Stabby; 04-16-2011, 08:56 PM.
      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
        Shall we lay odd as to how long he can hold out before he goes for some nice scrumptous ear?
        His punch addled brain confuses ears of corn with real ears now.
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

When I saw the thread title, I thought "Ah. That explains why he's always so angry and in such a bad mood."
          Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
            Socrates taught us to always be meticulous in defining our terminology so as to be clear about what we're actually talking about. Are we doing that as a message board? As a species? What say you?
            Glad you brought that up. I can't stand to see the word "toxins" and have it be left at that. "There's BAD STUFF stored in fat!" Thanks, that helps.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Anything that keeps Mike Tyson happy is a good thing!

Comment

Mike Tyson: In every respect, a model of how not to live a good life.
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Anyway, any Westerner with a face tattoo can be disregarded.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

the environmental argument that falsely states that the only way to not rob the world blind of precious resources is to be a vegan...
                    This *always* boggles my mind, as farm kid. What the holy hell do they think feeds their industrially-produced grains and veggies? How environmentally sustainable can petroleum-based fertilizers or factory-farm waste byproducts possibly be?
                    “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
                    - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

Quite frankly, anything that makes Tyson weak and feeble is a Good Thing for humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                        Glad you brought that up. I can't stand to see the word "toxins" and have it be left at that. "There's BAD STUFF stored in fat!" Thanks, that helps.
                        Yup, language on holiday for sure. Reminds me of this article We Must Reclaim Human Health, Sustainability, Environmental Justice, And Morality From The Birdseed Brigade - GNOLLS.ORG

Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
                        Quite frankly, anything that makes Tyson weak and feeble is a Good Thing for humanity.
                        Too true. The dude has lost his testosterone privileges.
                        Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by mixie View Post
                          This *always* boggles my mind, as farm kid. What the holy hell do they think feeds their industrially-produced grains and veggies? How environmentally sustainable can petroleum-based fertilizers or factory-farm waste byproducts possibly be?
                          The Earth needs fertilizers? I thought plants magically made fertility out of rainbows and love... lol

Comment

Mike Tyson is sane
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Yup, language on holiday for sure. Reminds me of this article We Must Reclaim Human Health, Sustainability, Environmental Justice, And Morality From The Birdseed Brigade - GNOLLS.ORG

Too true. The dude has lost his testosterone privileges.
                              Birdseed Brigade LMAO

Nice link Stabby.

Comment

Working...
                              X