Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mensa puzzle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mensa puzzle

    Has anyone else solved it? I'm not providing the answer but it was pretty fun.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

  • #2
    which?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

    Comment


    • #3
      The one for this month.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

      Comment


      • #4
        The Mensa people are all a bunch of idiots...

        Comment


        • #5
          I've never applied for membership. Joining Mensa seems pretty silly to me, mostly just a way of being able to prove to other people that you're smart in a particular sort of way. I got enough intellectual elitism to last me a lifetime going to a school for gifted kids.

          Of course, posting on a forum in a way that essentially advertises one's Mensa membership could also be interpreted as a sort of intellectual dick waving.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

          Owly's Journal

          Comment


          • #6
            its good to use your brain, even if your intellect is in the shape of a penis. puzzles are fun!

            Comment


            • #7
              Clearly I'm not Mensa material as I couldn't find the puzzle on their page... I guess the OP isn't either, or he would have provided a link! LOL

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Owly View Post
                I've never applied for membership. Joining Mensa seems pretty silly to me, mostly just a way of being able to prove to other people that you're smart in a particular sort of way. I got enough intellectual elitism to last me a lifetime going to a school for gifted kids.

                Of course, posting on a forum in a way that essentially advertises one's Mensa membership could also be interpreted as a sort of intellectual dick waving.
                I'm not a member either, I just enjoy the puzzles. And announcing you went to a school for gifted kids is flaunting your intelligence too, you hypocrite. I'll admit I don't mind people acknowledging my superiority once in a while, but at least I'll admit it.
                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                  I'm not a member either, I just enjoy the puzzles. And announcing you went to a school for gifted kids is flaunting your intelligence too, you hypocrite. I'll admit I don't mind people acknowledging my superiority once in a while, but at least I'll admit it.
                  Dude, the difference is that I don't think it makes me superior. I don't think performing well on a particular measure of intelligence makes me better than other people, and my time at a school for gifted kids taught me that more than anything else I learned there.
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

                  Owly's Journal

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Owly View Post
                    Dude, the difference is that I don't think it makes me superior. I don't think performing well on a particular measure of intelligence makes me better than other people, and my time at a school for gifted kids taught me that more than anything else I learned there.
                    Performing well on a particular measure of intelligence DOES make you better than other people....at that particular measure of intelligence. Bacon also provides a boost.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I was in the slow learning class during elementary (because they didn't know I was deaf) and treated like I was retarded despite reading at high school level
                      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                      Current Weight: 235 pounds
                      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That sucks, Kenn. The same thing happened to my husband, but due to dyslexia, and living in a remote area when no one had ever heard of learning disabilities in the 60s. It doesn't affect him much now, but he spent years of his life feeling bad and thinking he was "slow" when he wasn't.
                        Karin

                        A joyful heart is good medicine

                        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

                        Mmmmm. Real food is good.

                        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fitmom View Post
                          ....... Bacon also provides a boost.

                          Mmmmmmmmm.......baaaaaacon ::lip smack::
                          "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kenn View Post
                            I was in the slow learning class during elementary (because they didn't know I was deaf) and treated like I was retarded despite reading at high school level
                            On the other hand, you had less work. I kept transferring out of the advanced classes because they had like 8 times the homework as the other classes.
                            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                              On the other hand, you had less work. I kept transferring out of the advanced classes because they had like 8 times the homework as the other classes.
                              elementary school not high school or even middle school
                              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                              Current Weight: 235 pounds
                              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X