Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegan fail - vegnews magazine busted using photoshop photos of meat.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegan fail - vegnews magazine busted using photoshop photos of meat.

RANT: VegNews is putting the MEAT into vegan issues | quarrygirl.com

So desperate to make their crappy food choices look tasty a supposedly reputable Veeegan magazine has been using stock photos from a photo website of meat products and has even photoshopped out telltale signs of evidence like bones from some ribs.
    Like Charlie Sheen - vegnews is winning!

Gave me a chuckle.
    Fear of the unknown...They are afraid of new ideas. they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

Pure genius...I wish I would have thought of that. How much that magazine must have made off from veg-heads. Hahaha!
    My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

Haha, you can't beat meat. The eyes...THEY KNOW!!!

Comment

I read it, and if those chickens are dead from the time they're born then it's not murder. Fucking veg heads contradicting themselves.
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

You've been veganized! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Valarauko View Post
            RANT: VegNews is putting the MEAT into vegan issues | quarrygirl.com

So desperate to make their crappy food choices look tasty a supposedly reputable Veeegan magazine has been using stock photos from a photo website of meat products and has even photoshopped out telltale signs of evidence like bones from some ribs.
            Like Charlie Sheen - vegnews is winning!

Gave me a chuckle.

wow, that's just lazy.
            Originally posted by runnergal
            You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Comment

Editing FAIL in that article. "Erstwhile" doesn't mean what they think it means. When they say "what else can we not trust about this formerly erstwhile publication?" they're saying "What else can we not trust about this formerly former publication?"

Sorry, pet peeve.

Comment

Fuuuck, I can see why the blogger is so pissed off. I would be!

#epicfail

ETA - have you seen the magazine's lame excuses? http://vegnews.com/web/uploads/asset...romVegNews.pdf FFS. Even though I disagree with the whole thing, at least have the commitment to stand up for your beliefs!
                Last edited by NorthernMonkeyGirl; 04-15-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I agree with the vegans on this one. It's a huge situation to pass off stock photos as if vegan. I don't care if 15 vegans weigh in that it's "ok to use this stock photo" -- it's still a form of "false marketing."

sad, really.

Comment

You'd be surprised at what's actually on the plate with most food photography.

Hint: it doesn't have to taste good.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Stanton View Post
                      You'd be surprised at what's actually on the plate with most food photography.

Hint: it doesn't have to taste good.
                      Yeah, I thought I'd heard once that ice cream is actually Crisco. And the "milk" they use for those mustaches is not milk.
                      The Paleo Periodical
                      It's not a Diet. It's a lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup View Post
                        Yeah, I thought I'd heard once that ice cream is actually Crisco. And the "milk" they use for those mustaches is not milk.
                        Food photography is so crazy!

The milk is sort of like white glue. It works better! And yes, ice cream is a hideous blob of crisco or canned frosting, because ice cream is so tempermental, especially under lights! lol

But, that is not the same as advertising photos. There are rules and regulations I think?
                        The more I see the less I know for sure.
                        -John Lennon

Comment

Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
                          Food photography is so crazy!

The milk is sort of like white glue. It works better! And yes, ice cream is a hideous blob of crisco or canned frosting, because ice cream is so tempermental, especially under lights! lol

But, that is not the same as advertising photos. There are rules and regulations I think?
                          As far as I know, for ad photos, the rules say it has to be edible, but again, that doesn't mean that it tastes anything like the real food.
                          If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                            As far as I know, for ad photos, the rules say it has to be edible, but again, that doesn't mean that it tastes anything like the real food.
                            The food that is being advertised has to be the real product. Say they are advertising Lucky Charms, there has to be real Lucky Charms in the photo, everything else can be fake.
                            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Working...
                            X