IF and working out...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF and working out...

Hi everybody. I'm new here, and had a question that I couldn't find answered on the blog or in the forums.

Anyway, I was wondering what sorts of workouts are the most IF friendly. I'd assume the answer would be moving slowly. The reason I ask is that I is that after finishing some sprints recently, I wasn't able to get any food for the rest of the day due to life's interventions. I weighed myself the next day, and I had lost about five pounds overnight (according to the bathroom scale, anyway), which I had assumed was mostly water, but I was worried I had maybe lost some muscle. I didn't sweat it TOO much, as Grok probably had days like this, and this wasn't something that I had planned.

But I had to wonder: are there types of workouts one should NOT do when one is fasting?
    Last edited by DSR84; 04-14-2011, 09:17 AM.

Endurance running and IF aren't particularly compatible but short of that fasted workouts are fine.
    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

I do everything fasting as far as sprints, walking and weight training. I usually workout in the morning, and then I don't eat until the evening. I haven't found it to cause me to lose too much weight or muscle at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
        Endurance running and IF aren't particularly compatible but short of that fasted workouts are fine.
        +1
        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Sweet. Thanks for the input, guys.

Comment

I would say it's fine too. I'm feeling pretty ill today (I blame the mass ingestion of sweets and sleeping in the cold... friggin tent) so I havent eaten at all yet, but I've done my set of pushups and attempted pullups but my shoulders are sore from lugging the tent across 4 fields xD
            Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

I do crossfit during lunch fasted and don't have any issues.
              RLTW

Comment

yeah, i've started working out fasted, and realized that I usually do my first yoga practice of the day fasted (which is the tradition). Now that i'm more "consciously" IFing, i'm working out fasted.

Comment

I love doing yoga during the end stretch of an IF. I get such amazing bursts of energy and my whole body feels so good.
                  The more I see the less I know for sure.
                  -John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                  X