Are bras really needed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    I got to page 3 and just couldn't stand it anymore.

Boobs are boobs and gravity works. Whether or not girls are developing more today, or in yesteryears, check out any documentary about African tribes or Aboriginal tribes or South American tribes, women's boobs are all over the spectrum.

Are bras necessary? No, since some "stone age" women do without just fine without. Would I go without a bra? Not on your life! After losing a bunch of weight, the girls hang far too low, and on top of that, they are used to support, if I let them swing free, it feels like the muscles and tissue under the skin is tearing, OUCH!!!!

As far as exercises keeping the girls "high and tight", dream on. While a woman is young and not overtly endowed, she can defy gravity. Skin stretches, that's just life. Mammory glands get heavier with milk, and weigh the boob down! No matter how many push ups you do, it's not going to fix that. Get a good plastic surgeon!
    Thank you Rusty!

If you don't need one, lucky for you. If you do, invest in some that do the job. If you say that bras are uncomfortable, then you're wearing the wrong one. Seek professional fitting help. Just like all boobs are different, all A, D or G cups are not created equal.

Let's just not let it get to this point, okay??

Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      Lay (lie?) on your back. If your breasts are resting comfortably in your armpits, um, yes.
      Joanie I so love your little animations ......those wee boobies are very cute !!!!!!
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• LOL. The wee boobs very cute, but big mama priceless, oh my lord

Comment

• I think it's a matter of choice. If an individual does not consider a bra "necessary" then it is not necessary. If a person does, then it is necessary. No need for harsh judgments about what other people choose to do with their breasts.

For me a bra is not necessary. Still, I often choose to wear them because 1. I like to wear lingerie because of how it makes me feel and 2. I like the look of it. I only wear fancy undies/bras because of how they make me feel. It has nothing to do with "necessity."

I prefer to work out (swim, parkour, roller derby, yoga) without a bra. I wear a camisole tank with a simple shelf bra. It's not exactly "supportive." I do not have any pain, I don't think I look bad, etc etc etc. I just have more freedom of movement and prefer it. The shelf bra provides a little more support than having nothing, which feels better than having nothing. That's just a preference. But, according to the "bra free" website, that doesn't count as "bra." So, technically, it's not one I guess.

Sometimes I wear a bra and sometimes I don't. It entirely depends upon what I am doing and how I feel about wearing lingerie that day.

So for me, it's not a necessity. But, I still wear them sometimes (in fact, I'm wearing one now).

There is no difference in the feeling or health of my breasts when I wear a bra vs when I don't. I don't feel that they are heavy, saggy, or whatever else when I'm not wearing a bra vs when I am. The appearance in a bra is "lifted" or "higher" -- but I don't think that's necessarily "better" or "right" or "safer" or whatever else.

I really do think it's a matter of preference.

Comment

• my chest looks best with underwires, so that's what i usually rock

however, the stupidly named Ahh Bra feels really fricken comfy. some slight support and shaping on my c-d cup chest, it kinda looks like no bra but there's enough support there to not beeeeeee no bra
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• I was always small...A/B cup and able to go braless most of the time, until I hit my mid-thirties. Now I am a 38D and since I have had no children they are still fairly 'dense', the gravity has started to take it's toll! I go braless at home but not elsewhere anymore...partly because of propriety at work and partly because I hate having to hold those puppies still while I run down stairs or get irritated because my nipples are getting rubbed raw on some fabric.

Comment

• I don't know ... if you're a man, probably not.

Comment

• When you are 34DD, unfortunately a bra is basic necessity. IMO anything larger than a B cup is annoying.

Comment

• Coobie - it's what I use instead of a "bra"

I'm pretty sure that wearing a bra all the time makes them sag more, faster, than letting the natural tendons be strong.

Besides, really, I've never once met a man that cared about how much boobs sag. It's only women, who are all uptight about whether they have show-through, or if their clothes look the best. Why do we even care about this?

Comment

• I have some very similar to the Coobie bras for day-to-day wear. I think it's a good compromise.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• I'm a trans man and here's my experience of breast structure and my advice on preserving the structure.
                        My experience has been that binding (strapping my breasts tightly for 10 hours a day 5 days a week) has broken down the structure of my chest lumpy bits. So if you're worried about perkiness then don't wear bras that are too tight.

As for the whole skin against skin thing - ha! I constantly put up with that PLUS my testosterone treatment has made me sweatier so skin against skin plus extra sweat. Oh gods that is not pleasant. To be honest though, bit of air flow and sweat dries.

Honestly though - braless when you can is good. Photographic evidence even better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                          To all women reading only this post, the consensus is that you should go bra-less, in a white t shirt on a rainy day.
                          lmao!!!! Of course!

I have to wear a bra, otherwise I get the "boob sweat" underneath the girls and that is really gross and uncomfortable. Breastfeeding has turned my once beautiful and perky breasts into socks with rocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaeVynn View Post
                            Coobie - it's what I use instead of a "bra"

I'm pretty sure that wearing a bra all the time makes them sag more, faster, than letting the natural tendons be strong.

Besides, really, I've never once met a man that cared about how much boobs sag. It's only women, who are all uptight about whether they have show-through, or if their clothes look the best. Why do we even care about this?
                            my pcos made sure i never had real tits, pure vanity on my part for wanting them to look good in clothes
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• Being flat-chested has its benefits. No bra needed, so long as I wear an undershirt.
                              My Walk From West Coast to East Coast

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread81011.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                                I have some very similar to the Coobie bras for day-to-day wear. I think it's a good compromise.
                                Yeah, me too. When I go out it's either a bit more supportive version of regular bra. I really, really wish I could find something Coobie-esque that had wider straps though. Thin straps digging into my shoulders pretty much guarantees a splitting headache.
                                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Working...
                                X