Weird things that taste sweet to you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird things that taste sweet to you?

Since going primal, what are some things that taste sweet to you that most CW people don't think of as sweet?

For me, I'd say cashews, coconut, and jicama...all of those taste like candy to me!
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Oh my God(s), creamed coconut IS candy. As in: dessert/stay away (most of the time ).
    Jicama is like an apple to me.

Meat (especially plain ground beef) is quite sweet tasting to me, too.

Comment

Coconut products are the biggest change in taste for me. Before going Primal I couldn't stand the taste of coconut. Now I eat it on almost a daily basis.
      ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

Comment

Tomatos, carrots
        The road to wisdom? -- Well, it's plain, and simple to express:
        Err and err and err again, but less and less and less -- Piet Hein

Comment

I remember a point when I had been eating mostly meat and green vegs and Almonds tasted very sweet, as did onions, and tomatoes.

Comment

Regular store bought tomatoes have gotten sweeter tasting. I'm a tomato fiend and grow lots of different types of tomatoes. 30 varieties last year. There is so much difference in taste with different varieties. However my harvest stock is low and I've been using more store bought and canned tomatoes which are fine but taste fairly bland and not super sweet to me. The other day I made some sauce with tomatoes, ground beef and veggies. It was great but when I was eating it it tasted like I had added sugar, something I have done in the past with some tomato sauces. It was weird.

I'm interested to try a couple of varieties that I grow this year which I do consider really sweet. They may taste like candy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhi View Post
              Coconut products are the biggest change in taste for me. Before going Primal I couldn't stand the taste of coconut. Now I eat it on almost a daily basis.
              How did you do this?

I WANT to like coconut, but the taste is just -

it's almost musky to me. Fresh, canned, dried, doesn't seem to matter. It would make dairyfree SO much easier! Any suggestions?
              Chief cook & bottle washer for one kid, a dog, 6 hens, 2 surprise! roosters, two horses, and a random 'herd' of quail.

~The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something one knows nothing about and refuses to investigate~

Comment

Heavy cream. Tastes so lovely and sweet. Mmm!

Sauted onions. Almost unpalettable now. I have to leave them pretty raw, just barely cooking them.
                The more I see the less I know for sure.
                -John Lennon

Comment

Parsnips... baked or even raw, dipped in a little sesame dressing. GORGE

Comment

Roasted parsnips and turnips. They taste like candy now.

Comment

Heavy cream, raw onions(cooked were always sweet), berries are overly sweet to me now and I don't add sugar.
                      Georgette

Comment

Berries, cream, yoghourt, 85% dark chocolate, and macadamias. (Why macadamias? Weird.) I started out with a very sweet tooth - the kind that wants its ripe strawberries drenched in sugar.

Comment

Milk. I always had to have sugar in tea with milk and recently I just realised millk all on it's own is adequately sweet for tea. That was an eye-opener for me.

Comment

Thank god, I thought my beef had gone bad. I'd still have eaten it, but I would've worried.
                            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Sometimes certain whiskies taste like chocolate milk to me. That's a little disconcerting.
                              carl's cave

Comment

Working...
                              X