I want to be a primal babysitter!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be a primal babysitter!

I guess 'nanny' is the right term, but it always makes me think of staunch old ladies.

Originally posted by OperaDivaMom View Post
    It will be nice when it's the summer and I don't have to worry about keeping my son from eating crap while I'm at work, he is less than happy when they get graham crackers (full of corn syrup) and he doesn't.
    This post in a different thread made me daydream about watching primal peoples kids for them. I MISS kids (I babysat some specific neighbors amazing kids every summer for about three years) and I have the urge to cook for little people and care for them and play... but not to the point where I want my own kids!

How cool would it be to have a primal babysitting job? I'd call it Cave-care.
    Little Saiyan

Haha, I did that job for about a year! It was wonderful, until the mom started to go overboard with nuts, and I was constantly baking primal goodies!

Comment

OMG that would be so awesome. I'm always sad when my groklings are getting fed less than optimally at their dayhome. She's pretty good (no juice, no sugary junk) but definitely whole grains blah blah blah. She's really good about not making them eat it though, and my boys already say no thank you to most obvious grains.
      The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

A whole primal school would be awesome. Lots of outdoor play in between lessons. I think kids would be able to concentrate better with food that didn't spike their blood sugar and plenty of activity.

Comment

I would be so thrilled to find a primal babysitter!! Seriously.

Comment

I'd love a Primal babysitter.

Oh! To watch kids. Right... I knew that...
            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Nanny makes me think of hot scandinavian women....
              In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I should start a travelling business!
                Little Saiyan

Comment

Ha ha, as the OP of the quoted comment, I SO feel you! I hate having to cater to unhealthy menu options, but I don't really feel like I have a choice most of the time Between that and some other issues I'm having (mainly drastically different ideas on discipline), I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to go back to work for them in the Fall.

Comment

Well just a heads-up, I'll be in the DC area next year, if anyone needs a fabulous primal nanny!
                    And no, Alex Good, I am not a hot Scandinavian woman.. as much as my heart desires (and boy, you have a thing for woman today.. the vegan post now this? hahaha!)

Comment

Working...
                    X