Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sugar Hangover?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sugar Hangover?

    So I've been going Primal for about three months now, and I haven't had any sugary foods since...until yesterday. I was at The Cheesecake Factory, and I ended up having a whole slice of their Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. I felt okay until I woke up this morning feeling really sluggish and started having this constant headache. I actually went back to sleep for a couple more hours (after sleeping for 10 hours) after waking up. I'm thinking it was the sugar, but I'm not sure. Has this type of thing happened for anyone else before?
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." —Anthony Robbins
    K's Journal

  • #2
    2 heaping teaspoons of honey in tea did it to me!
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

    Comment


    • #3
      I get a little sniffly 'the morning after,' LOL, but that's about it.

      Comment


      • #4
        This seems to be a common reaction - has happened to me too, it's the fructose element and the toxicity in the liver to my mind (glucose of course is just directly absorbed and is generally less of an issue, the insulin deals with it, the brain soaks it up, but fructose is a toxin and has to be metabolized in the liver, different pathway), hence the 'alcoholic' hangover feeling. Once your body is tuned into low carb it really doesn't enjoy a 'hit'! My heart races and I can't sleep.
        Seeking the natural way in a modern world ...

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes. Happened to me too. Bad enough so it's easier to avoid sugar now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Great timing. I went to a sugar shack yesterday with the wife to gorge on maple syrup, we both woke up with a headache this morning. I heard it was possible but never thought it would happen so easily.

            Comment


            • #7
              My reaction is more immediate, unfortunately. I bought a bar of 85% Lindt and ended up eating the whole thing for lunch. About 20 minutes later, I had a pounding headache, was sweating, and nauseated. Too much sugar!! It's better than the time I had pizza and a brownie, though. Every JOINT in my body ached and pounded, and I felt lightheaded and dizzy... The next morning I still felt strange and dehydrated. That was when I was doubting an intolerance to wheat. Boy did I learn my lesson!

              Comment


              • #8
                I get the racing heart, can't sleep, followed by hangover.
                I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for all the input! Don't think I'll be torturing my body with that experience again!
                  If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." —Anthony Robbins
                  K's Journal

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kyungmi View Post
                    So I've been going Primal for about three months now, and I haven't had any sugary foods since...until yesterday. I was at The Cheesecake Factory, and I ended up having a whole slice of their Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. I felt okay until I woke up this morning feeling really sluggish and started having this constant headache. I actually went back to sleep for a couple more hours (after sleeping for 10 hours) after waking up. I'm thinking it was the sugar, but I'm not sure. Has this type of thing happened for anyone else before?
                    There's more in a cheesecake than just sugar. You sure it was the sugar and not the floury crust?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by js290 View Post
                      There's more in a cheesecake than just sugar. You sure it was the sugar and not the floury crust?
                      Actually I think that particular type of cheesecake didn't have a crust. It had a "crust" made from chocolate frosting and chocolate flakes.
                      If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." —Anthony Robbins
                      K's Journal

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've had the sugar hangover from 1 bite of pasta and half a piece of bread. Now when I have a good amount of grains/sugar, it just come right out.
                        Georgette

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kyungmi View Post
                          Actually I think that particular type of cheesecake didn't have a crust. It had a "crust" made from chocolate frosting and chocolate flakes.
                          Wow. Have a little sugar with your sugar.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            in sugar hang over as I type

                            I love how informative and helpful this board is

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X