Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

check out this video on anti-inflammatory diet: sounds primal to me!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • check out this video on anti-inflammatory diet: sounds primal to me!

    YouTube - The Perricone Anti-Inflammatory Diet - eDiets.com

    This one is great, and he specifically mentions a french study done on primal diet:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/lorax201...46/BVn-jmCi4zI
    Last edited by Marymk; 04-09-2011, 06:49 PM.

  • #2
    Thanks! I'd like to see more details on the French study.... Sounds too good to be true. But then, it does sound a lot like the successes here on PB.
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sears claims the zone is intended to reduce inflamtion I know that some crossfiters are doing a Paleo diet with Zone timing and ratios. I hate to count measure etc thanks for posting

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd like to know why the guy in the top video advocates many small meals, and why he groups refined sugar and starches together.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

        Comment


        • #5
          I saw Perricone on Dr. Oz a while back talking about inflammation and diet. Oz mentioned whole grains and Perricone replied that grains in general weren't that good for you. You should've seen the look on Oz's face.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
            Thanks! I'd like to see more details on the French study.... Sounds too good to be true. But then, it does sound a lot like the successes here on PB.
            If you read French, this is his book. There's also an blog in English that talks about his work. He has some major divergences from primal/paleo but its an interesting read.
            Last edited by DaisyEater; 04-10-2011, 12:00 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
              I'd like to know why the guy in the top video advocates many small meals, and why he groups refined sugar and starches together.
              Yeah, I was wondering about this too. If you have adequate fat in your diet you don't need "small meals often".

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Classic View Post
                Yeah, I was wondering about this too. If you have adequate fat in your diet you don't need "small meals often".
                Seriously. I can't imagine eating more often than I do. I'm so full now that I'm not fat-phobic.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                  Seriously. I can't imagine eating more often than I do. I'm so full now that I'm not fat-phobic.
                  Me too - I checked my calories and I am hardly eating more than 1200, never over 1500 and I am feeling full all the time. In fact, I am eating far less often now that I am eating primal.
                  Karin

                  A joyful heart is good medicine

                  He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

                  Mmmmm. Real food is good.

                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                    If you read French, this is his book. There's also an blog in English that talks about his work. He has some major divergences from primal/paleo but its an interesting read.
                    Thanks for this, DaisyEater. Time to brush up on my franšais, I guess. Although he seems to recommend more raw foods, there's a mention on the blog that more cooked foods would have the same effect, provided you still leave out wheat, corn, etc. Same basic premise as primal/paleo, with only minor differences.
                    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes, there are differences for sure between paleo blueprint and Dr. Perricone, but I thought that it was interesting and refreshing that he has come forward very publicly and made a direct link between grains and inflammation. And also telling Dr. Oz that grains are not so good! I don't agree with the second guy completely either, but found the French study fascinating. Thanks for that DaisyEater, I will check it out!
                      Last edited by Marymk; 04-10-2011, 03:50 PM.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X