Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'm just going to leave that.
    Big LOL right now Joanie.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Liftinglife View Post
      Watch out primal police
      I was just trying to help, didn't mean to upset you. Carry on with the dried fruit and rancid oil.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by Liftinglife View Post
        It does not help. And it's incorrect. Mark specifically says that flax seed oil is ok for younger woman (me). Men are the only ones who can't consume to much flax because of there prostate. I don't have a prostate and I do have IBS flax is allowed on primal. Too much meat stops me up, a prune dipped in a little flax on occasion helps me. Ugh, seriously don't know why I'm defending my choices to a stranger!?!? Why do people think it's helpful to criticize and critique people they don't know?
        Isn't this kind of ironic since you just posted in a thread that is basically about being primal smug and now you are angry others are trying to actually help you achieve primal smug?

No need to get offended over some constructive criticism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
        ------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I wouldn't overlook that "primal" smug might be holding you back. There's a lot of variation of primal, LVC, PHD, Peat, SDC, tons. It's questioning and being willing to try new things and even criticism that allow us to grow.

I save the "paleo police" for people who insist that my weekly whiskey sour will kill me and that fruit other than berries will give me diabetes, yet sweet potatoes and coconut sugar are fine...

Comment

• I'm closing out the year on "ultra-paleo".

*meat and vegetables*

Not even butter or olive oil, I cook the meat in it's own fat baby! No fruit either. No dairy. No 85% chocolate bars. No games. Just meat and leaves dammit.

...it's quite pure and refreshing feeling. ^^

Comment

• You know you are primal when...

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
              I wouldn't overlook that "primal" smug might be holding you back. There's a lot of variation of primal, LVC, PHD, Peat, SDC, tons. It's questioning and being willing to try new things and even criticism that allow us to grow.

I save the "paleo police" for people who insist that my weekly whiskey sour will kill me and that fruit other than berries will give me diabetes, yet sweet potatoes and coconut sugar are fine...
              Hope you aren't referring to me. I am closer to peat these days. Except I still eat a lot of meat and eggs.

Just doing whatever gives me energy to lift, dance and go to school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                Hope you aren't referring to me. now Free
                HHHEH? No most people here are actually relatively civil.

(Omg I need to go to bed ignore me guys I'm slightly drugged for a PT test tomorrow)

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                  HHHEH? No most people here are actually relatively civil.

(Omg I need to go to bed ignore me guys I'm slightly drugged for a PT test tomorrow)
                  Guys, guys!! Can't we all just get along and eat bacon? I thought this thread was supposed to be fun and encouraging? It's no fun to read if everyone is mad at each other. Here, I'll get us back on track. YKYPW you get $20 for your birthday and the only thing you want to spend it on is bacon.....and shrimp. I love shrimp. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wynn42 View Post
                    Guys, guys!! Can't we all just get along and eat bacon? I thought this thread was supposed to be fun and encouraging? It's no fun to read if everyone is mad at each other. Here, I'll get us back on track. YKYPW you get $20 for your birthday and the only thing you want to spend it on is bacon.....and shrimp. I love shrimp. :-)
                    I have bacon-wrapped shrimp filled with cream cheese and jalapeņos. I think I know what's for dinner tonight!
                    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• When you honestly contemplate eating the neighbor's stupid yappy dog and realize it'd probably taste like the shitty kibble they feed it.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        When you honestly contemplate eating the neighbor's stupid yappy dog and realize it'd probably taste like the shitty kibble they feed it.
                        Haven't had dog. Had camel and horse and (I think) monkey in Nigeria. But I'm ready for my first doggy dish, have my cookbook ready for recipes: "101 ways to Wok your dog".....sorry, couldn't resist.
                        Randal
                        AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                        Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                        http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                          Haven't had dog. Had camel and horse and (I think) monkey in Nigeria. But I'm ready for my first doggy dish, have my cookbook ready for recipes: "101 ways to Wok your dog".....sorry, couldn't resist.
                          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                            That is very clever. I love it. If it were acceptable to eat dog in the US, you'd be rich

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                              I'm closing out the year on "ultra-paleo".

*meat and vegetables*

Not even butter or olive oil, I cook the meat in it's own fat baby! No fruit either. No dairy. No 85% chocolate bars. No games. Just meat and leaves dammit.

...it's quite pure and refreshing feeling. ^^
                              More power to you. I sure couldn't do it (nor would I want to attempt it - such strict plans generally result in massive failure for me, where more flexible plans don't)

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                              Oh that's bad. LOL. I couldn't eat dog unless it was that or starve. They co-evolved with us to be our companions and I just couldn't eat one unless I had no other options. I'd eat bugs, etc. long before I caved to eating dog.
                              Healthy Bucket List:
                              • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
                              • Hike the Appalachian Trail
                              • Do a real pull-up
                              • Run a 5k
                              • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

• Trust me, after listening to this thing yap for hours on end, you want to kill it and not waste the meat.
                                I've threatened to wok my parents' chihuahua mix. It must hear the animosity, because it gets it to shut up. Oddly enough, after threatening to wok it, the dog tries to curl up on my lap.
                                Last edited by naiadknight; 10-23-2013, 01:14 PM.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X