Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    I am Chinese and grew up on the Silk Road. I have tried everything

Apparently I ate a rat when I was little in china. Now that is some sketchy quality control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Rat, the other other other white meat. It was probably good though.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blacksmith View Post
      Rat, the other other other white meat. It was probably good though.
      I don't remember. Mom didn't eat it because she was grossed out but I was young enough to where I ate it without a word. I don't think it is a big deal other than the potential diseases bc it probably came from the sewer.

------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
        And you still dont use the flashlight hubby insisted you take with you...
        Take the flashlight, take two flashlights. I'm never with at least 2 but that is because I work in countries where the power often goes out but nothing is handier than a flashlight. And a good tactical flashlight is great for temporarily blinding someone that is bothering you.

I bet Grok didn't leave without a torch in the middle of the night
        Randal
        AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
        Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
        http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

When this is heaven.

OMG - better than shoe shopping in Milan

Sent from my Nexus 4

Comment

When this is heaven.
            I want to go there. (Where is it!? You're in NYC, right? )

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
              I want to go there. (Where is it!? You're in NYC, right? )
              NYC! Brooklyn.

I get my meats at the meat shop, cheese at the Italian cheese shop (freshly made warm mozzarella), and coffee/tea from middle eastern shops all within .5 miles from me. I also get spices in little india, random stuff from Chinatown/ Eastern European neighborhoods, and produce from farmers markers when I am not lazy. I love NYC.

------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• YKYP in the 'real world' when you always win 'what's the most unusual food you've ever eaten' contests.

You know you are just a rank beginner in the primal world when you feel envious of goat head and rat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  You know you are just a rank beginner in the primal world when you feel envious of goat head and rat.
                  Agreed. I've eaten some unusual things but when I read these I thought, "Damn, now that I want to try..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    YKYP in the 'real world' when you always win 'what's the most unusual food you've ever eaten' contests.

Lol!! Well. I doubt the rat was organic. Not primal!

------

Comment

Lol!! Well. I doubt the rat was organic. Not primal!
                      That was the finest quality free-range sewer rat! You could label it 'cage free'

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        That was the finest quality free-range sewer rat! You could label it 'cage free'
                        I still can't believe mom let me eat it when she was too grossed out.

She doesn't get grossed out easily either. Flies in soups on the plant collecting expeditions, Mongolian/sichuanese stuff, and normal Chinese habits of eating intestines/stomach/eyeballs/tongue/ear/feet.

------

Comment

• turquoisepassion, the pics you posted of the meat store were wonderful!
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• When you're coaching a gymnastics meet, and when you walk into the coaches hospitality room to see if there's any fruit or meat that isn't too bad, a coach from a different gym says "There's probably nothing you'll want in here. No bacon."

And yeah, there was nothing edible in there.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

• Once you have mastered breakfast you are PRIMAL baby! Quinoa with ginger, nut meg, flax seed oil, prunes. Or dinner aka steak and veggies for breakfast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liftinglife View Post
                                Quinoa with ginger, nut meg, flax seed oil, prunes.!
                                Sounds more vegan than primal. Flax seed oil slathered prunes? Gross. I'll take steak and eggs!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
                                X