No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YKYPW you come back from long barefoot run starving and you see your dog and you attempt to strangle it and eat it.

But then your lovely wife brings plat of hot steaming rice and lentils and your dog thinks you are actually trying to play with him, so you end up eating rice and lentil and playing with the dog!
    Few but ripe.

Comment

• When you don't confuse gluten-free with zero-grains.
      Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
      Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
      "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
      "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
      "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• YKYPW you are tempted to eat a little of the coconut oil you are using to shave your legs.
        The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosejuggler View Post
          YKYPW you are tempted to eat a little of the coconut oil you are using to shave your legs.
          Coconut oil has a lot of uses in our house as well. Visitors seem so confused . . . .

Sent from my Nexus 4

Comment

• Originally posted by piggy View Post
            Coconut oil has a lot of uses in our house as well. Visitors seem so confused . . . .

Sent from my Nexus 4
            I am home for vacation for a few weeks and I come in with a few necessities: a jar of coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and a mountain of meat. The coconut oil got the questions. Now let's see if I can get my dad to start using it...

Comment

• When - after a lifetime of being the slow, unsporty, unfit one - at 40 you keep finding you're the only one who takes the stairs instead of the escalator/ lift.

Comment

• YKYPW...you go back to school (professional bachelor kindergarten teacher) at age 42 (almost 43) in a class full of 18 y.o.'s and when having gym class you realize you're actually fitter than most of those 18 y.o. girls
                ...you get information about a (compulsatory) 3 day trip we'll be doing with school next month, filled with fun and interesting workshops, but you start crying when they say one of the days will be "veggie-day" and all food will be vegetarian that day. But...wait....eggs are vegetarian, right? Hey at least I can eat eggs!
                ...you suddenly turn allergic to coconut and spontaneously scream "Nooooooo, not coconut, anything else but not coconut!" in the docters office. And then turn to lard as your fat of choice .
                My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Yep, it happened. Eating butter with a spoon.
                  44 F 5'5
                  SW 205.4
                  CW 180.4
                  GW 150

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris T View Post
                    Yep, it happened. Eating butter with a spoon.
                    Wait until you start eating it with your fingers...

Comment

• You know you're primal when you smack dat ass Bro.

Comment

• YKYP when you start to think of ways to combine Coconut Oil and a hot new girl or two...

*Ahem*, oh hold up. I mean you think about cooking bacon in Coconut Oil? Yeah.
                        Eat like a Beast, feel like a Beast!
                        Eat from a huge bag of processed junk... Well... You know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbeast View Post
                          YKYP when you start to think of ways to combine Coconut Oil and a hot new girl or two...

*Ahem*, oh hold up. I mean you think about cooking bacon in Coconut Oil? Yeah.
                          When you'd rather eat the coconut oil than waste the MCTs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• YKYPW you're excited that tomorrow is a week since you put the beef tongue in the brine, so tomorrow is the day you make tongue!
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• When you no longer feel jealous about your best friend doing triathlon, because you know he's going to regret it some day. And then eat a few spoonful of coconut oil because you know it's awesome.
                              What to do: Eat real food, enjoy your food, get out into the sun as often as possible, move around, sleep well and early (like before 11 p.m.), have health as your main goal.

You are probably going to fail if you: Restrict carbs or fat or calories, avoid fruit (because sugar derp), punish yourself with diet/exercise, have weight loss as your only goal,....

Comment

• When you shake your head every time your stepmother keeps on saying: "Everything in moderation!" when talking about losing weight... (Got a few funny looks )

When you try to convince your stepmother to go Primal and she agrees with you that it's a better diet for diabetics, but keeps on saying that whole grains and carbs are good... and you just shake your head and start explaining it all over again.

... How can you actually think that a Primal diet is better for diabetics but not for yourself? (She doesn't have diabetes).
                                "Bread-Bread-Dinner
                                It ain't makin' me any thinner
                                I eat a sandwich for break-fast
                                And then I have a sugar blast!
                                I eat toasted bread for lunch
                                And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
                                At dinner I eat pasta
                                And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

Comment

Working...
                                X