No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. You come home from a long day of classes and your apartment still smells like bacon
    2. You give up arguing when you're eating a steak and someone says "there's no way that can be good for your heart"
    3. Unless it's below freezing, spending at least a quarter of the day outside is a requirement
    4. You're already primal, but your mind spends its idle time trying to figure out how to be more primal
    5. You wake up and you're fully alert within about 60 seconds <- I just hit that point this week!

Comment

• When a friend posts on Facebook that she is upset her daughter was licking butter from a knife, and you wonder what is so wrong about that! You proceed to ask if she cut her tongue and that is why said friend was upset. You stare in disbelief when she says no, and that it was just gross to eat butter. Since when?!?
      Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• -You start singing Home on the Range but have to stop due to salivation issues.
        -Your friends ask you to set up some time to workout, so you load up the truck with the tent and sleeping bags.
        -You start expressing yourself via various grunts.
        -You fight temptations to take a bite out of a prickly pear cactus
        -When someone says they have a bone to pick with you, you can offer them a nice variety to choose from in the kitchen.
        -You're asked to please leave the zoo and aquarium because your predatory stares are starting to freak the animals out.
        http://www.getmoneyout.com

Start: March 2011
        Start Weight: 245 lbs.
        Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
        Goal weight: 195 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
          ... and that it was just gross to eat butter. Since when?!?
          +1
          LMAO !! I just ate a pat of butter tonight while cooking and had no thoughts of whether anyone would think it gross or not...it was mighty fine !
          "You can always do more than you think you can !" Sensei Scash

Comment

• Originally posted by MountainDew View Post
            Nothing ends a bad date faster than telling a girl you've skinned a rabbit/bunny. Pretty funny.
            Unless said girl also has (after breaking it's cute little neck).

Comment

• Originally posted by JTWolflied View Post
              -You're asked to please leave the zoo and aquarium because your predatory stares are starting to freak the animals out.
              Bwhhaaaaa! That's funy!

Comment

• You've only been on primal for a week or so and a hunger pang and craving hits big time in the afternoon. Is it bread, sugar, pasta or sweets?

Nope. It's meat.

Red meat.

So you grab some ground beef out of the freezer and do a fast thaw.

Omg will you hurry up!

Then it's sitting on the plate waiting while you prepping to cook it and it's saying 'eat me, eat me now...'

You look at it and think 'Hmm....maybe it wouldn't be so bad just raw...."

Comment

• Originally posted by MountainDew View Post
                  Like chicken! No, seriously. Not exactly like chicken (little gamey) but it's damn good. Haven't had any in over a year though.
                  The farm store where I shop had rabbit in the fall. I didn't buy any (wasn't primal then) and when I decided I would they didn't have them anymore. I hope they have them again, cuz I'm buying some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nettle View Post
                    You look at it and think 'Hmm....maybe it wouldn't be so bad just raw...."
                    Actually, it's very good. Best part of being the cook, I just try not to eat it in front of people, tends to freak them out a bit... (You'd think they've never heard of steak tartare).

Comment

• Rabbit= yummy. Very mild.
                      Frog = the perfect cross between canned tuna and chicken

Comment

• Originally posted by Mldami View Post
                        \Frog = the perfect cross between canned tuna and chicken
                        So it really does taste like chicken????
                        Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          So it really does taste like chicken????
                          and tuna!!
                          "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                          Currant: 136 lbs
                          Goal: 125 lbs
                          11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Looking at the local newspaper and they had a recipe for Beef Cheek Stew and wanting to know where can I buy beef cheeks?
                            Georgette

Comment

• damn all this food talk is going to make the remaining time of my fast hard! Beef cheeks OMG *Drools*
                              "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                              Currant: 136 lbs
                              Goal: 125 lbs
                              11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
                                damn all this food talk is going to make the remaining time of my fast hard! Beef cheeks OMG *Drools*
                                Well after my daughter's band concert I'll see if they have a link for the recipe on the newspapers site just for you to drool at Mod
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X