No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you realize that the contents of your freezer could populate a small zoo and an aquarium.

Seriously. ATM, I have these:
    Salmon, ahi tuna, lobster, shrimp, scallops, cow, lamb, goat, deer, boar, bison, antelope, ostrich.
    but I also like rabbit, alligator, elk, and kangaroo when I can get them

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      When you realize that the contents of your freezer could populate a small zoo and an aquarium.

Seriously. ATM, I have these:
      Salmon, ahi tuna, lobster, shrimp, scallops, cow, lamb, goat, deer, boar, bison, antelope, ostrich.
      but I also like rabbit, alligator, elk, and kangaroo when I can get them
      Hmmm... not sure whether I have a girl crush on Paleobird, or I'm just in love with her freezer contents. I do tend toward fickle.

I was thinking sort of the same thing this morning. My freezer looks different. Tons of NZ beef, ice cubes in ziplock bags to keep the ice cube trays ready for bone broth. There's a tongue and a heart in there that didn't used to be. Some ground lamb now that I've gotten over my whole, "I won't eat babies" thing. And the house is filled with the steamy sound of a pressure cooker while I make some bison bone broth. It's definitely different around here than it was back in June 2012.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Hmmm... not sure whether I have a girl crush on Paleobird, or I'm just in love with her freezer contents. I do tend toward fickle.

I was thinking sort of the same thing this morning. My freezer looks different. Tons of NZ beef, ice cubes in ziplock bags to keep the ice cube trays ready for bone broth. There's a tongue and a heart in there that didn't used to be. Some ground lamb now that I've gotten over my whole, "I won't eat babies" thing. And the house is filled with the steamy sound of a pressure cooker while I make some bison bone broth. It's definitely different around here than it was back in June 2012.
        It's love.

And I want the contents of both of your freezers.
        Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• It is definitely love...maybe lust but I am moving towards love and I don't even believe in love But for those contents..oh yeah...
          You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
          height 5'3
          SW 215 lbs
          CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
          LW 172 lbs
          GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• .... when your cruise ship breakfast consists of:

butter in coffee
            two fried eggs with double the bacon, and some butter
            smoked salmon with cream cheese (poor bagel sat off to the side, unwanted)

... and when you come off a week's cruise, and you have lost a little weight.

Comment

• You realize there's butter on the knife you're using to chop carrots and you don't give a shit.

Comment

• YKYAPW:

After 3 weeks in the USA (1 week of which in Disney), you return to Egypt where you work and live most of the time and the further into the desert you get, the calmer you become and the happier you become.

This last 3 weeks in "civilization" damn near killed me, or perhaps, damn near killed someone else (at my hands).

And my week in Disney? FUCK ME RUNNING! Nuff' said....
                Randal
                AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• when your girlfriend appologizes for kissing you with lamb fat on her mouth, but you didn't notice because you also had lamb fat on your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                    YKYAPW:

After 3 weeks in the USA (1 week of which in Disney), you return to Egypt where you work and live most of the time and the further into the desert you get, the calmer you become and the happier you become.

This last 3 weeks in "civilization" damn near killed me, or perhaps, damn near killed someone else (at my hands).

And my week in Disney? FUCK ME RUNNING! Nuff' said....
                    I'm
                    OMG. You know it! Spring break at Disney... Well enough said! We barely survived and the cost of this madness...OMG again!

Comment

• Disney World is HELL covered in candy rainbows.
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Markbt View Post
                        when your girlfriend appologizes for kissing you with lamb fat on her mouth, but you didn't notice because you also had lamb fat on your mouth.
                        Cute.
                        Annie Ups the Ante
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          Disney World is HELL covered in candy rainbows.
                          Perfect. Absolutely perfect.
                          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• YKYPW

...seeing raw dog food makes you hungry...seriously it is all human grade meat, and offal with ground bone

...you see fresh beef knuckles in the fridge at a pet store for $5 a bag, and think I should buy them for bone broth

...you are busy, and forget to eat all day until 8PM, and you are not crazy hungry

...your typical trip to the grocery store is about 10 min because you have a freezer full of meat at home so all you ever need is a little bit of Vegetables, and maybe coffee, ghee, or coconut oil

...you realize that if you eat mostly good quality meat, and quite low carb you don't really need deodorant because you don't smell even after playing 1 1/2 hours of hockey

Comment

• two more

...you wish work was more like a tribe so that you could kick out the lazy and fat people

...you help a friend move, and they order pizza, but they make sure to order you a gluten free pizza thinking that you just don't eat wheat, you eat it to be nice, it doesn't really taste like food. All night you can't sleep because your stomach hurts, you wake up with stiff achy joints and you realize just how bad that crap really is for you...And next time you won't eat it to be nice.

Comment

• You can't believe how much wasted floor space there is in supermarkets.

Comment

Working...
                                X