No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YKYPW... You see Sainsburys has Pork roast with crackling on sale 50% off and then marked down to half that (close to sell by date) & practically clear the shelf while cackling gleefully...

Lady in the checkout line behind me looked absolutely horrified at my pile of pork & veggies

Mmmmm pulled pork & crackling!
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• That's it. I am coming to Scotland.

Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
      YKYPW... You see Sainsburys has Pork roast with crackling on sale 50% off and then marked down to half that (close to sell by date) & practically clear the shelf while cackling gleefully...

Lady in the checkout line behind me looked absolutely horrified at my pile of pork & veggies

Mmmmm pulled pork & crackling!
      You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
      height 5'3
      SW 215 lbs
      CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
      LW 172 lbs
      GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• When you feel the irresistible urge to chase squirrels up trees and scarf them down raw. Or...am I the only one who feels that way?

Comment

• Originally posted by tzulogic View Post
          When you feel the irresistible urge to chase squirrels up trees and scarf them down raw. Or...am I the only one who feels that way?
          If you sit still for only an hour, most animals (even the most frighty) will get near enough for you to snatch one.
          Never done it, but always tempted. Especially with "humanized" squirrels and pigeons.
          --
          Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
          I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
          I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by primitiverenaissance View Post
            I told her that while calcium supplements are probably a good idea.
            Probably a good idea if you want to have a heart attack. Otherwise, probably not so much. Calcium Supplements: Why You Should Think Twice
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• when Calvin and Hobbes strips remind you of your day

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Probably a good idea if you want to have a heart attack. Otherwise, probably not so much. Calcium Supplements: Why You Should Think Twice
                Good to know; thanks for the link. It was an interesting read. However, as you can probably surmise from the previous posts, health advice that contradicts her doctor (especially when the doctor's proposed solution is as easy as "don't change your lifestyle, just take this calcium pill") will probably not go very far. She's really not interested in the actual solution - whole foods diet and weight training - but is very stubborn. Unfortunate, no?

Comment

• Hahahaha,
                  My daughter saw me eating butter with a fork yesterday and she was all "eewww dad gross!" and I was all checking my nose like "What?"

Originally posted by NutMeg View Post
                  When a friend posts on Facebook that she is upset her daughter was licking butter from a knife, and you wonder what is so wrong about that! You proceed to ask if she cut her tongue and that is why said friend was upset. You stare in disbelief when she says no, and that it was just gross to eat butter. Since when?!?
                  I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

RowdyT

Comment

• ...you get super duper excited when you see a restaurant is serving grass-fed burgers!

...you prefer Nut-Thins to any other cracker

Comment

• Originally posted by ashamahleyyy View Post
                      ...you get super duper excited when you see a restaurant is serving grass-fed burgers!

...you prefer Nut-Thins to any other cracker
                      Since when are Nut thins primal?

Comment

• Originally posted by jujeki View Post
                        when Calvin and Hobbes strips remind you of your day
                        Aww that's a good one

Comment

• " When you step into the Asian market meat section and burst into Aladdin's (animated) theme song! " A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view!" (insert picture of 5'10" male running through the aisles, arms spread.)
                          I am Paleo-man and bacon is my utility belt! To the steak-mobile!!!

RowdyT

Comment

• When 99% dark chocolate tastes so sweet to you that you check the label several times to make sure you didn't buy the wrong thing. 2 grams of sugar in the whole bar, and I only ate 1 square.

Comment

• Originally posted by RowdyTike43 View Post
                              " When you step into the Asian market meat section and burst into Aladdin's (animated) theme song! " A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view!" (insert picture of 5'10" male running through the aisles, arms spread.)
                              Gold if you can do both voices, like this guy,

Me Singing A Whole New World Disney's Aladdin Nick Pitera (Cover) - YouTube

Comment

• When you hear that a grocery chain (Co-Op at least in Calgary) is going to start selling free range meat only, and you jump for joy!!! Even though you have a freezer full of grass fed beef, and pasture pork.

Comment

Working...
                                X