No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when your boss brings in breakfast burritos and you gut three of them like a fish and eat the insides with a plastic knife and throw the soggy tortillas in the trash, then eat 2 hard boiled eggs.

Comment

• When you see a deer and think, "pretty" and "yum" at almost the same time.

When you cook a chicken and eat the entire thing with your hands within a 15min window.
      ‎"I've heard tell that what you imagine sometimes comes true " - Roald Dahl

“Keep making things and treating people well.”- Jason Gregory

"Don’t try to be different. Just be good. To be good is different enough."- Arthur Freed

5'6"
      24 year old female
      Current: Always between 115 and 119.
      Goal: Get ripped.
      My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by amber_maiden View Post
        When you cook a chicken and eat the entire thing with your hands within a 15min window.
        You're my new hero.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Markbt View Post
          when your boss brings in breakfast burritos and you gut three of them like a fish and eat the insides with a plastic knife and throw the soggy tortillas in the trash, then eat 2 hard boiled eggs.
          I did that!

Also, when you *have* to order from a pizza shop, and ask them to just put the toppings into a bowl and forget about the base. And when you consider that as your cheat meal because you still aren't sure what's in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by amber_maiden View Post

I'm new to Paleo, but have always wanted to do this.. now I know that I can I'll be buying some whole free range chickens just for myself!

Luckily people assume my food changes are due to being pregnant.. I'll gladly be labelled "the crazy pregnant chick", but I wonder what they'll call me when I continue eating like this after I have the baby??? Haha

Comment

• When you see a thread on the forum called "Fat Lumps" and assume that it is a recipe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Markbt View Post
                When you see a thread on the forum called "Fat Lumps" and assume that it is a recipe.
                +1

Comment

• YKYP when you realize it just keeps getting better. Go from frying eggs in cooking spray to frying them in butter or bacon fat - good. Go from factory eggs to at least cage free - better. Now take the whole thing and fry them up in cast iron instead of non-stick - even better.

And now my eggs taste like I remember them tasting when I was young.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• ...watching calorie-counters and weight-watchers try to figure out how to spend the day's last 100 calories at 11am.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      YKYP when you realize it just keeps getting better. Go from frying eggs in cooking spray to frying them in butter or bacon fat - good. Go from factory eggs to at least cage free - better. Now take the whole thing and fry them up in cast iron instead of non-stick - even better.

And now my eggs taste like I remember them tasting when I was young.
                      When you are actually HUNTING for real safe healthful eggs and prowl around town for them.

Alfreso eggs keep running out at out local vendor. At one point i was pretty certain i was going to have to drive 90 min to hunt for eggs.
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                        When you are actually HUNTING for real safe healthful eggs and prowl around town for them.

Alfreso eggs keep running out at out local vendor. At one point i was pretty certain i was going to have to drive 90 min to hunt for eggs.
                        Find a source for good free range duck eggs... you'll NEVER regret it.
                        Trust me.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• YKYPW you just put in your first order at US Wellness and you feel like a kid at Christmas. Is it here yet? Is it here yet? How 'bout now?

And were a teensy bit disappointed that they were temporarily out of bison liver. <--- mini sad face

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            Find a source for good free range duck eggs... you'll NEVER regret it.
                            Trust me.
                            where do you get yours?
                            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                              where do you get yours?
                              A local person with a bunch of ducks...
                              Sometimes I get lovely duck bodies too!

Not very helpful as far as "sources" I suppose... but that's how I do it.

Seriously, they are richer, yolk-ier, goo-ier, and just more yummy than any chicken egg ever.
                              (A bit stronger flavored too... but like grass fed beef, this shouldn't deter you.)
                              I hope you can find a source for some.

Try craigslist maybe?
                              Weird maybe, but it works for local small egg selling peoples.
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                YKYPW you just put in your first order at US Wellness and you feel like a kid at Christmas. Is it here yet? Is it here yet? How 'bout now?

And were a teensy bit disappointed that they were temporarily out of bison liver. <--- mini sad face
                                We get our bacon from them.

My husband will text me at work: "The BACON is here!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X