No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You wander around the house gathering up VFFs to throw in the wash and end up with four pairs going into one load of laundry.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
      You wander around the house gathering up VFFs to throw in the wash and end up with four pairs going into one load of laundry.
      You refuse to wash your husband's VFFs with your clothes because the smell is so hard to get out...
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
        You refuse to wash your husband's VFFs with your clothes because the smell is so hard to get out...
        Lavender Lysol... soak them in the sink in warm water and a good pour of that.
        They will smell fine!
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• The VFFs and the gym gear all get thrown in one load of laundry with some oxy powder to kill any smell. However, our feet are not super stinky. YMMV.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• When someone gives you a "WTF??" look in traffic because you're eating rotisserie chicken and olives from the antipasto bar with your hands, in the car. I was starving and on a tight schedule, so it was the best I could do from a grocery store. And yes, I was just grabbing pieces off a whole bird.

Comment

• Small one for me, but in the store today my 6 year old jumped up and down yelling, "STEAK STEAK STEAK!" when she saw how much was in the cart. LOL!
              Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

Comment

• Originally posted by meeshar View Post
                *Snip* And yes, I was just grabbing pieces off a whole bird.
                I LOVE just tearing into a fresh roasted chicken with my hands. When I go for 'fast food' (i.e. a rotisserie chicken from the local grocery store) I bring it home, sit down at my table and proceed to burn the crud out of my fingers eating about half the bird. And the best part is the fatty little tail! Never as good as leftovers so I eat it first!

Comment

• Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
                  I LOVE just tearing into a fresh roasted chicken with my hands. When I go for 'fast food' (i.e. a rotisserie chicken from the local grocery store) I bring it home, sit down at my table and proceed to burn the crud out of my fingers eating about half the bird. And the best part is the fatty little tail! Never as good as leftovers so I eat it first!
                  My wife walked out of the room yesterday while I was eating one of these from the stores. My favorite parts are the burned wing tips, I eat them bone and all, the crunching drives her crazy and she cannot figure out how I digest them.
                  Randal
                  AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                  Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                  http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• You know your primal when...

You consider black VFF's for "formal dress."
                    You look forward to hunting season like others look forward to Christmas.
                    You have perfected your own sausage blends and prefer them to the store bought junk.
                    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Comment

• I just found this thread, it made me lol. I'll give it a go...

You know your primal when...
                      You roast duck for Christmas dinner, and save all the yummy fat drippings.
                      you get a sugar rush from beer (this happened to me with cheap lager after hockey last week was in ketosis)
                      you don't know where anything is in the grocery store because you only go to the deli, and produce sections

Comment

• When even a small dose of gluten has you crying like a wimp.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• When you give your kids crickets for Christmas and your kids are pretty sure it's not just a joke.
                          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• When you make a Christmas dinner that has facebook drooling all over it without realizing there's not a grain or extra sugar to be found.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• ...and the kids & their cousins (ages 2 to 14) just ate all the crickets.
                              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• You have 3 different kinds of grass-fed butter in the fridge.

You get really irked upon finding a vegan propaganda site where they call a paleo guru's wife "fat" because she has "big arms"... you keep reading the comments, unable to turn away, and read that these people call them "protein arms" because that's how womens' arms look when they consume too much protein (news flash: her arms are big because they have muscles...)
                                and further googling leads you to realize that said woman was PREGNANT at the time of the photo (2nd news flash: pregnant women gain weight!)
                                Just *headdeskdeskdeskdeskdesk* Maybe this belongs in the Funny CW moments thread... I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X