You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Primal Moose View Post
    When you consider buying this pet food mix for yourself to save a few bucks; Beef Ground - Pet Food
    Check out Grande Natural Meats dogfood section. They make offal/muscle meat blends that are great. Shhh! Don't tell my dog or I'll have to share.
    This is a good way to sneak some offal in if you or family members are still a little squeemish about the idea.

(website is ElkUSA.com and no, I don't work for them)

Comment

• Paleobird, do you really eat that? I looked at the website, and the dogfood sounds like people food to me, also. I haven't checked out the shipping costs, but it looks like a price friendly way to get interesting organ meat (and some of it is ground, which I love for ease of use).
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Paleobird, do you really eat that? I looked at the website, and the dogfood sounds like people food to me, also. I haven't checked out the shipping costs, but it looks like a price friendly way to get interesting organ meat (and some of it is ground, which I love for ease of use).
        Yes, seriously, I do. It makes a great meatloaf. You can serve it to people you say they can't stand offal and they would never know the difference.

Comment

• Very cool. I once saw you post about marxfoods.com and got a terrific deal on some salmon from them. I think I may buy some offal burger from elkusa. (Not to be confused with awful burger like the pink slime stuff at Walmart.)
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• YKYPW you go for a 12 mile bike ride in the morning before breakfast, take no food and wish you had more time so could go further. Then stop off at a butchers you have noticed on the way home to find out if it is a real butchers or just a meat seller and come home with lots of organs and a whole cow thigh bone in your camelback. Then the only thing you eat all day till dinner time is bits of roasted fat and crsipy meat off the bone. The bone is still sitting in the stock pot now simmering away (I had to saw it in half to get it in the oven though)
            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

• When fast food workers stage protests all over your city ... and you know nothing about them until they hit the news the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Violette_R View Post
                When fast food workers stage protests all over your city ... and you know nothing about them until they hit the news the next day.
                YKYPW fast food workers stage protests all over your city... and you know nothing about them until you read it on this thread on MDA... lol?

Comment

• YKYPW you are the only one at a birthday party for a 3 year old that doesn't eat the grocery store cake. Even the guy in the crossfit shirt had some.
                  --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• You look down at the sweater in a color the catalog called "oatmeal" and think "it's shame such an insulin-spiking food is such a lovely color."

Comment

• You interview someone who eat insects on a regular basis because its fascinating shit.
                      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

• I am officially jealous

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                        YKYPW you go for a 12 mile bike ride in the morning before breakfast, take no food and wish you had more time so could go further. Then stop off at a butchers you have noticed on the way home to find out if it is a real butchers or just a meat seller and come home with lots of organs and a whole cow thigh bone in your camelback. Then the only thing you eat all day till dinner time is bits of roasted fat and crsipy meat off the bone. The bone is still sitting in the stock pot now simmering away (I had to saw it in half to get it in the oven though)
                        You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                        height 5'3
                        SW 215 lbs
                        CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                        LW 172 lbs
                        GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• YKYPW: you walk into a kroger and look at the vegies and have a viceral "this is wrong" moment. most of this stuff is totally out of season
                          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                            YKYPW: you walk into a kroger and look at the vegies and have a viceral "this is wrong" moment. most of this stuff is totally out of season
                            I know what you mean. I buy fresh, organic tomatoes in Egypt that are grown in season and they are wonderful. I buy the Kroger's stuff here and there is not taste.
                            Randal
                            AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                            Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                            http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• When you can't remember the last time you used a microwave. Not sure if i can remember how they even work...

Comment

• When the last time you used the microwave it was as a ridiculously large kitchen timer with a built in, light up cabinet...
                                Last edited by brahnamin; 12-12-2012, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X