No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When a traditional Thanksgiving meal seems low fat to you, and you think that smothering everything in gravy is unhealthy because it contains a small amount of flour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Markbt View Post
      When a traditional Thanksgiving meal seems low fat to you, and you think that smothering everything in gravy is unhealthy because it contains a small amount of flour.
      And on that note, you're the only one who doesn't fall into a food coma after the Thanksgiving meal.

Comment

• Also on that note, others at the table are rejecting the skin and talking about how the dark meat has more fat in it - so they leave most of it on the platter... and you're happy to take it all. But later, they all pig out on crappy store bought pie and shitty ice cream.
        Female, age 51, 5' 9"
        SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
        2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

• Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
          Also on that note, others at the table are rejecting the skin and talking about how the dark meat has more fat in it - so they leave most of it on the platter... and you're happy to take it all. But later, they all pig out on crappy store bought pie and shitty ice cream.
          YES. This.

Comment

• This +1000. Even pre-primal, I didnt have much interest in non-home made desserts.

Comment

• When Mom says "the turnips don't need much butter" for Thanksgiving and your first thought is "much" compared to what? (I was also looking for the butter on the table during dinner. Knew I forgot to set something out!)
              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• YKYP when the neighbor knocks on the door to see if you want any of his food, but apologizes that much of it, "might not be anything you eat." *

* I did actually eat one of his turducken muffins (with little bits of liver even), and they were fabulous. So far, no gas from the cornbread.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• You know you're primal when you feel awesome
                  well then

Comment

• When you get hold of a premium piece of roasting beef because it's half price, and you roast it and eat it, and both agree that it's not as tasty as brisket or boiling beef.

Comment

• You know you are primal when your grandfather tells you to watch your cholesterol because you are eating 4 eggs. At the same time, he's microwaving a frozen dinner.
                      @JordanTuwiner | JordanTuwiner.com

Comment

• When you notice that eating primal makes for easier dishwashing than eating low-fat. Crud comes off plates and pans a lot easier when it's coated with butter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Violette_R View Post
                          When you notice that eating primal makes for easier dishwashing than eating low-fat. Crud comes off plates and pans a lot easier when it's coated with butter.
                          Wait. You have butter coated plates and you aren't licking them clean?

Comment

• YKYPW - You don't need a plate at thanksgiving, but just stand over the pig pit dousing the meat in a bbq sauce of vinegar, butter, and pepper flakes.

Also you are amused by everyone fighting for the *lean* tenderloin pieces.

The bi-annual pig roast (July 4 and Thanksgiving) has been the best side-benefit of my mother marrying a man from North Cacalaca.

Comment

• You make a beef heart stew with a whole, grass fed beef heart... and it is WONDERFUL. I'm still trying to think what to do with the beef tongue though.
                              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• When you consider buying this pet food mix for yourself to save a few bucks; Beef Ground - Pet Food

Comment

Working...
                                X