No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I work out some mornings at 5am and don't eat until around 7:15 or 8 but I'm really hungry...so much so that I feel sick. When I get busy at work, yes I can do for hours as long as I've been eating well prior and my blood sugar is stable and be ok until around 5 then I'm hungry all over again. Its like its ferocious when I get hungry sometimes.

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    The first time I went until the afternoon without eating was by accident. Got really busy, just couldn't get food. I realized I felt fine, was just a little hungry. Still had energy and everything. Since then I've been doing more working out in the morning and not eating until afterwards, usually at lunch time. I don't really IF that much, but I've found if I just get my brain around it I can go without eating for quite a while if necessary. It's surprising; I used to always have to eat every couple of hours and would kind of worry if I wasn't going to be near food for a while. Now I'm good with it.
    Health is Wealth!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochin View Post
      When you worry so much about getting sunlight for Vit D that, even when working/messing around online, you sit RIGHT under your sky-light attic window and soak as much up as possible. And when, whilst sitting there typing away, you use one typing hand, alternate hands and hold a 4kg weight in your non-typing hand, to make sure it doesn't get idle.
      From THIS post by Mark (back in November of 11) - When we’re sitting in front of a window, however, the exposure is different. Glass blocks the shorter-wave UVB rays while allowing most of the longer UVA rays to pass through. In short, we’re receiving the more damaging rays without the normal protective benefit of vitamin D production.

Just a heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lowcarb4me View Post
        Or when you roast a turkey at said friend's house and claim dibs on the crispy skin and that fatty part of the tail (my mom called it the Pope's Nose) and they all look at you like you've lost your mind.
        I LOVE the tail on a chicken when I roast one. It's the very first thing I eat as soon as it cools enough not to burn my mouth. It NEVER re-heats very well and it is SO tasty!

Comment

• Originally posted by brahnamin View Post
          From THIS post by Mark (back in November of 11) - When we’re sitting in front of a window, however, the exposure is different. Glass blocks the shorter-wave UVB rays while allowing most of the longer UVA rays to pass through. In short, we’re receiving the more damaging rays without the normal protective benefit of vitamin D production.

Just a heads up.
          I keep it wide open, as long as it isn't raining. And, as the roof's low, I sometime's just stand by the window, lean on the frame and watch the sky whilst drinking my coffee.
          Cheers anyhow.
          --
          Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
          I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
          I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochin View Post
            I keep it wide open, as long as it isn't raining. And, as the roof's low, I sometime's just stand by the window, lean on the frame and watch the sky whilst drinking my coffee.
            Cheers anyhow.
            So you're covered then . . . or, erm, *uncovered* as it were . . . *shrUg* . . . I pretty much link that blog post anytime I see *vitamin D* and *window* in the same sentence.

Comment

• YKYPW - The bookstore manager asks for your monthly employee recommendation and you already know which primal/paleo author you're pimping out next. I generally manage to get Mark in every third month.

Comment

• YKYPW - your family asks for a Christmas list of potential gift ideas and you send them a link to U.S. Wellness Meats.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  YKYPW - your family asks for a Christmas list of potential gift ideas and you send them a link to U.S. Wellness Meats.
                  I like that. I want a very good quality 8" chef's knife. Santa knows.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I told Santa I want a subscription to Cook's Illustrated. Not all their recipes fit into paleo eating, but a lot of them do, and they do some good stuff on techniques. I keep borrowing them from friends, and I want my own to keep.
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• When you get off at a bus stop way before the one that would be the most convenient because you love to walk.
                      Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

• You're walking, with your fiance, through the Natural History section of the museum... and every "specimen" brings forth an "Mmmmmmmm!"

Needed reviving.
                        --
                        Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                        I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• YNYPW the local butcher knows what you want before you order....!

Comment

• When the doctor takes your blood pressure and the machine sounds an alarm because your pulse rate is too low. The doctor asks if you are very fit, and you think of all the people on BodyRock and say 'well, sort of'.

Comment

• Originally posted by orielwen View Post
                              When the doctor takes your blood pressure and the machine sounds an alarm because your pulse rate is too low. The doctor asks if you are very fit, and you think of all the people on BodyRock and say 'well, sort of'.
                              My blood pressure always makes any new nurse scuttle for another machine, thinknig the the one just used was miscalibrated. I always ask what it is, nod, and say "yeah, that's about right. A little high for me, but about right." Same thing with the thermometer, They'll check it, I'll try to ask what it is before they scuttle away for another one, and them it's right for me (if I'm at "normal" body temp, I'm running a fever.)
                              I always try to warn any new phlebotomist that s/he'll need a kid's size needle and that my veins rolls. Why they never believe me until after a few stabs in beyond me. The ones I deal with all the time have a kidlet sized needle waiting, as well as a second nurse to talk to me so I don't pass out when they stab me. Even though I'm type O- and not hemophiliac, I'm a phlebotomist's nightmare.

YKYPW you end up reading the ingredients for a vegan gluten free bread out of morbid curiosity and laugh, only to watch some frail young woman come up and buy it while you're laughing.
                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by orielwen View Post
                                When the doctor takes your blood pressure and the machine sounds an alarm because your pulse rate is too low. The doctor asks if you are very fit, and you think of all the people on BodyRock and say 'well, sort of'.
                                Fiance says +1 on blood pressure. His is still very low. You know, "despite" all those "unhealthy, saturated animal fats".
                                --

--
                                I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Working...
                                X