No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it perfectly normal to panfry your bacon in butter and the resulting grease is considered to be manna.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
      You consider reheating your bacon in butter.
      When you've never had to consider how to reheat bacon because you've never had any...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
        When you've never had to consider how to reheat bacon because you've never had any LEFT OVER TO REHEAT...
        There, fixed that for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          There, fixed that for you!
          Thanks; I thought it was implied.

Comment

• As some background: Been Primal for a little over two months. Had some friends visit for a long weekend and ate pizza, burgers with the bun, and all sorts of horrible things, and I realized.....

...you know you're Primal when, after "cheating" on SAD "treats" for a few days, not only do you feel like crap and decide it totally wasn't worth it, but you come to the horrifying realization that not too long ago you considered the slow, bloated, tired way you currently feel to be normal. o_O

Edited to Add: And something a bit more in the funny spirit of the original thread..this happened a bit after I made the original post.

You know you're Primal when, upon hearing your friend tell you that she cuts the fat off of her pork chops, you exclaim "but that's the best part!" with such passion that she literally scoots her chair back in fear.
            Last edited by AvatarAbe; 10-24-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• YKYPW your idea of a seriously horrible, "OMG, how could I eat something so bad for me?", cheat food is a Larabar.

Comment

• when you think it should be a crime and defimation of character to the pumkin when pumpkin poptarts, and pumpkin pringels are in the store. l

Comment

• when you ask your friends and cowokers to save you the yummy innards of the pumkin their carving up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                    You see Oreos on the table at work, think to yourself that it's been a while since you had one of those...

...and find yourself spitting it into the garbage can because it no longer tastes like food.
                    Bah! I totally did that at work yesterday! I swear it tasted like cardboard and nasty chemicals or something like that.

Comment

• when bone broth is your coffee, you only eat bone-in meat, you eat mostly organs, you prefer to eat with your hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                        When your 24 year old comes home for the weekend and opens the dry food pantry to declare: "There's nothing in here to eat," while looking at jars of tomato sauce, coconut milk, water and oil, five kinds of nuts, almond milk, and some pickles.
                        Exactly. This happened at my house too.
                        Annie Ups the Ante
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• When you worry about eating ENOUGH fat.
                          When, as a woman, you want to be more muscly, not skinny and weak like cover-girls.
                          When people ask you what diet you're on and you say "Diet? What diet?"
                          When candy-aisles start looking gross, and you begin to drink plain-cocoa hot chocolate and prefer it to the sweet stuff.
                          When liver is met with pure excitement.
                          When people start commenting on how many eggs you eat!
                          When your partner starts considering chicken livers.
                          When you look for a forest for an "exciting day out" climbing trees.
                          When you're genuinely grossed out by what other people eat and think is "healthy".

All of the above happen to me.
                          --
                          Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                          I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
                          I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• From my fiance:
                            "You know you are paleo if everyone thinks you are a berk for following such an unhealthy eating habit, then ask you AGAIN what you are doing when the results start to show.
                            As if you must have changed it when they were not looking."
                            --
                            Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
                            I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kochin View Post
                              From my fiance:
                              "You know you are paleo if everyone thinks you are a berk for following such an unhealthy eating habit, then ask you AGAIN what you are doing when the results start to show.
                              As if you must have changed it when they were not looking."
                              Nice! People ask me for diet advice, I give it to them and they say "No! that will raise my cholesterol and clog my arteries!"

Comment

• You're primal When...

Originally posted by labbygail View Post
                                -When you contemplate asking the other people at the table for the fat they are cutting off their ribeye steaks.
                                I ask for it and get it. As long as I know them, all is good!
                                I eat my fiances gammon and bacon fat, too. Waste not want not!
                                --

--
                                I'd apologize, but...

Comment

Working...
                                X