You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YPYPW:
    You can't eat beef at restaurants anymore because CAFO tastes like crap (and it's usually over-cooked).

you have kerrygold butter, olive oil, coconut flakes, trail mix, 87% dark chocolate, and grass-fed paleo jerkey in your desk drawer at work.

Your fridge contains at least 3 different bowls/containers with bacon grease (because they're from different batches/cures=different flavors), and there are knife/spoon marks on the top of each one (veggies and an egg friend in bacon grease is awesome when you're out of bacon)
    You have multiple pounds of pastured butter in the "butter keeper" in your fridge door

people know you're at a (relatively large) meeting because someone saw "a lady with a bike" coming in. (and word gets back to you... "I knew you were here...")
    You secretly cheer when there's a cheese/fruit plate for dessert (alongside SEVERAL plates of junky junk) at said meeting - and serve yourself with a spoon from said cheese plate (most of my cheese was taken home for later, along with salmon and caprese salad).

You know exactly which spots in your work neighborhood can serve a primal(sih) meal (chipotle, fiveguys, make-your-own salad place), and which ones to avoid like the plague (either because they're crap or they refuse to make you/they're extremely confused by bun-less burgers/chicken)

Comment

• When all the sugary crap in the workplace, which used to have me in all-day craving fits ( and caving-in fits ), becomes just like the wall, or the floor, or a door frame ... I don't even notice it anymore.

Comment

• YKYP when you think this is an awsume 10th wedding aniversary gift from hubby (who thinks your nuts but gets it for you anyways....)

(Yes, its olive oil)
        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• YKYPW...
          You're at the Zoo, there are NO edible food choices so you fast all day... but you and your husband keep looking at the animals and saying "Yep, totally edible" and "I'd eat that"

(I had a fresh squeezed lemonade small serving size made in a xlarge cup so there was extra water and using less sugar... it was actually good.)
          Then I bought a bottle of water and refilled, squeezing the lemon again. Ahhhhh.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• YKYPW...

You post a picture of yourself in a suit, at a friends wedding, on Facebook and one of the first comments was someone asking you if you had shoes on (I did, didn't like it....or the bloody suit).
            Randal
            AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
            Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
            http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• YKYPW you pull out the bag of bones in your freezer to add another beef shank bone, and it occurs to you that strung together correctly, beef shank bones would make a great wrist bangle.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• ynypw u go to breakfast w/friends order eggs n bacon, the waitress asks what type of bagel u want and u say none. She looks at u strange and says it comes with the meal. Still say none. She than states that she can put it in a togo bag for me. Still state no. She pauses and almost frantically ask your friends if they want ur bagel .

Comment

• When you start thinking that putting pastured butter in your coffee may be the best single weight loss solution you've ever heard.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• You leave a strategically placed post-it note in the fridge for your significant other:
                    Please try not to get crumbs in the butter, they taste funny in my coffee.

Comment

• When you have a small piece of birthday cake (something you used to really look forward to) then you are disgusted by the chemical after taste and super sugar overload and can't wait to get home to throw your famous mesquite, garlic and lime drumsticks (with skin of course) onto the grill. Birthday cake suck!
                      All time high weight 262 lbs
                      Primal since Spring 2012
                      Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                      Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                      Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                      All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• When you have stopped watching the news completely, but you know that fall is coming when you get up to cook breakfast and your coconut oil has turned back into a solid.

When you consider 6 slices of bacon, sauerkraut, and 3 eggs a healthy breakfast, then see someone eating a bran muffin, low fat yogurt, and a big glass of apple juice and think "He's going to give himself a heart attack!"

When you are moving and you realize that a stack of moving boxes makes a great stand up desk to put your laptop on to type this post.

Comment

• When you get out the gardening tools to clean up the garden and to plant bulbs, and after standing there for a moment decide to take your flip flops off and garden in your bare feet letting the earth squeeze up between your toes.
                          Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                          SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                          2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalMama View Post
                            You leave a strategically placed post-it note in the fridge for your significant other:
                            Please try not to get crumbs in the butter, they taste funny in my coffee.
                            OMG! This one had me laughing soo hard I had to comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Markbt View Post
                              When you have stopped watching the news completely, but you know that fall is coming when you get up to cook breakfast and your coconut oil has turned back into a solid.

When you consider 6 slices of bacon, sauerkraut, and 3 eggs a healthy breakfast, then see someone eating a bran muffin, low fat yogurt, and a big glass of apple juice and think "He's going to give himself a heart attack!"
                              Hah! This is my life. I'm excited because our coconut oil is getting softer by the day, hurrah! Spring has sprung!

Anyway YKYPW... when you decide to go cow pooling, even though you know your freezer is very very tiny and already full of meat. And you've already shotgunned the offal....
                              The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaleoPam View Post
                                When all the sugary crap in the workplace, which used to have me in all-day craving fits ( and caving-in fits ), becomes just like the wall, or the floor, or a door frame ... I don't even notice it anymore.
                                Pam I know exactly what you are talking about. At work lately there have been tons of junk food around. Friday there was a random bag of chips lying around on a table. I saw it but it didn't register with as food. Then a co-worker who fully knows I eat primal, came in a quickly grabbed a hand full of chips. She is on a "diet" i.e. CW, and stated how she has no will power when junk food is left out at work. I just laughed and kept on working.
                                All time high weight 262 lbs
                                Primal since Spring 2012
                                Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                                Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                                Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                                All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

Working...
                                X