You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keithpowers View Post
    You talking about redeye gravy? I've never heard the recipe you're talking about. Ours was always a pan that has a glaze from frying ham, which you deglaze with cold black coffee, then add milk, flour, salt and pepper (and, if you're inclined, minced or diced country-style ham, preferably the one you just fried in the skillet.). It's quick, but it's really not much more than a sawmill gravy with coffee and ham. Oh, and it's chock-full of flour too.
    Flour in red-eye gravy? Never. Grease and coffee. It is awesome.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's new primal journal

Comment

• YKYPW...

You take the dogs hiking to your fav "hidden" spot & the first thing you do if kick off your shoes & wiggle your toes in the heather.
      You then keep stalling heading back home cause youll have to put your shoes back on (Gorse bushes are not fun to walk through barefoot)

You eye the ant crawling up your leg & wonder what it taste like (turns out there very citrusy-tart, kinda like lemon)

When you envy your dogs ability to 4 wheel drive up the (very steep) hill...

You dont even blink laying down £300 at the butchers (Hubby on the other hand makes some gosh awful choking noises LOL)
      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• YKYPW...

You awake from a nightmare about accidentally eating some potatoes in a yellow curry and panic that you'll have to start your Whole30 all over again!
        “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
          YKYPW...

You awake from a nightmare about accidentally eating some potatoes in a yellow curry and panic that you'll have to start your Whole30 all over again!

You might have an eating disorder if....

Comment

• Originally posted by CE402 View Post
            You might have an eating disorder if....
            Do your homework. White potatoes aren't allowed on Whole30 plan.

And don't be a jerk.
            “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
              YKYPW...

When you envy your dogs ability to 4 wheel drive up the (very steep) hill...then you remember movnat and bear crawl up the hill chasing your dog and beat him to the top
              There fixed it for you

Actually if you observe a dog corner on a hard floor you will notice from the arse out slide they are mainly rear-wheel drive, where as a cat does a near purrfect four wheel drift showing equal power distribution to all wheels
              You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

• Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                There fixed it for you

Actually if you observe a dog corner on a hard floor you will notice from the arse out slide they are mainly rear-wheel drive,
                Not when its a 170lb Mastiff.. they dont corner well LOL

& Bear crawls difficult when your hands are full
                Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                  YKYPW...
                  You eye the ant crawling up your leg & wonder what it taste like (turns out there very citrusy-tart, kinda like lemon)

You dont even blink laying down £300 at the butchers (Hubby on the other hand makes some gosh awful choking noises LOL)
                  Hmm, I've heard the same from other sources as well (mostly Andrew Zimmern, the man can eat bugs), but I've still never had the guts to try them . . . maybe if they were cooked in something.

Yeesh, that's like $500 - I'd be with your husband . . . spending that in one trip would make me pass out.

Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                  YKYPW...
                  I had a dream that I'd made something with coconut flour, or so I thought, but had misread the package and it was actually potato flour! *gasp*

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  When you're at Outback Steakhouse and the loaf of bread they bring out on a carving board has remained untouched but you've asked the waiter for additional butter twice. What are they doing with the butter?
                  LOL. I bet. I've had this at Ted's . . . answer - it's going on the steamed broccoli.
                  Healthy Bucket List:
                  • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
                  • Hike the Appalachian Trail
                  • Do a real pull-up
                  • Run a 5k
                  • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    make a much nicer edible floral boarder... the flowers (VERY yummy IMO) and tubers on the roots are both edible.
                    Tulip petals are good put into a simple, clear vinaigrette. If you use several different colors and julienne them it looks like confetti on your salad. They taste close to green beans.
                    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• When you leave some almonds in a tray on the counter, come back later and they are crawling with small ants and you eat them, and the ants, anyway. Kindof tickle going down.
                      Randal
                      AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                      Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                      http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• When ur going out to eat with coworkers across the street, and they give u a weird stare when u suggest to walk. You beat them because the car had to cool down.

Comment

• when u ride ur bike home in the rain, and get warnings about getting sick. My reply is I've been takin showers all my life and I've never gotten sick yet.

Comment

• You know you are a primal family when you make your (9mnths) daughter's first packed lunch and it's 1 hard boiled egg, 1/4 of an avacado and a little bit of cheese. I think that's a small ass salad as eatable by someone with no teeth yet
                            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

• when the base of your food pyramid is bacon and eggs. And coconut oil and butter have their own rung.

Comment

• When you relish in the fact that steak and eggs is a healthy breakfast

Comment

Working...
                                X