You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by keithpowers View Post
    You talking about redeye gravy? I've never heard the recipe you're talking about. Ours was always a pan that has a glaze from frying ham, which you deglaze with cold black coffee, then add milk, flour, salt and pepper (and, if you're inclined, minced or diced country-style ham, preferably the one you just fried in the skillet.). It's quick, but it's really not much more than a sawmill gravy with coffee and ham. Oh, and it's chock-full of flour too.
    Yeah, that might be it. I was only kind of half-way paying attention until I heard "bacon grease, coffee, and cream."
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• When you exchange pictures of your kids with someone else on here and decide to arrange their marriage to begin a master race of beautiful primal people... What? Don't look at me like that, it's not like we would encourage them to hunt vegans or anything, geez. World domination hasn't even came up yet...
      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• You know you're primal when you no longer show up for office parties.
        "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Comment

• ^Not sure that's a primal thing, but I don't think I'll go to the Winter outing this year. Food was mediocre last year, definitely not Primal, and I hate socializing meaninglessly. The Summer outing, however, had locally made ice cream and games and a hot air balloon!
          Depression Lies

Comment

• When you cant remember why you liked some CW food.
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• When you tell someone to shut their grain-hole.
              If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                ^Not sure that's a primal thing, but I don't think I'll go to the Winter outing this year. Food was mediocre last year, definitely not Primal, and I hate socializing meaninglessly. The Summer outing, however, had locally made ice cream and games and a hot air balloon!
                Maybe a bit to harsh, but if you can imagine bloating, type-2 diabetes and insulin spikes, that's what is usually spread out on our annual office party table. Now, if I had an office job on some dude ranch in Colorado or Texas...?
                "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Comment

• Ew yeah okay I can see the primal aversion now haha
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• You have a little container of "emergency" coconut oil in your desk drawer
                    Thread-killer extraordinaire
                    My journal
                    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
                    207/186/160

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      Ew yeah okay I can see the primal aversion now haha
                      Yeee...aahhh, NamelessW, I knew your imagination would side with me after what I said in that sentence. Hee hee, really it's not a pretty picture, esp. after going primal. I'm happy to know your outings are more satisfying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corvidae View Post
                        Youre telling friends/coworkers about adding butter to your coffee, and they look at you weird and ask if thats healthy, and you say, "Oh no, it's ok, the butter is grass-fed."
                        Ya, I got a stash of Kerrygold in the office fridge. Someone came the break room the other day and caught me slicing a hunk off into my coffee. Besides the bottles of water, the Kerrygold is by far the healthiest food in that refrigerator.
                        "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
                        2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Comment

• You throw out food left for the office on the kitchen table (it was just a packet of oatmeal, but I figured if no one wanted it after 24 hrs, it's fair game for the trash...but I was tempted to dump the Munchkins today).
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Meegeek View Post
                            Ya, I got a stash of Kerrygold in the office fridge. Someone came the break room the other day and caught me slicing a hunk off into my coffee. Besides the bottles of water, the Kerrygold is by far the healthiest food in that refrigerator.
                            Definitely hear you about the butter. I love talking about butter instead of cream in my coffee, or butter on all my veggies and they look at me like I'm crazy. I haven't tried the Kerrygold yet because that's one of the things I can't afford to go fully organic on... It's kinda like my uncle and my dad with cigars. My uncle smokes the cheap ones and my dad a decent one every once in a while. My uncle says, "Ignorance is bliss. As long as I don't know what it tastes like, I don't have to worry about it."

Comment

• When you pass on Chicken Kiev just because it is coated in carbohydrate crumbs

Comment

• When your girl reaches her hand down your pants and says "mmm...this must be grassfed".

Comment

Working...
                                X