No announcement yet.

You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you walk into your favorite local restaurant where you live completely barefoot.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

When the bench on the station platform is obviously provided for jumping on and off while you wait for the train. Right?

Comment

When you buy a second freezer so you have room for the cow.

When your favorite meals contain at least three kinds of meat.

When you can count your farmers market foraging trip as PB laws #2 (move slowly) and #3 (lift heavy things).
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

When you are walking with your dog in the park and he keeps taking off left and right after squirrels turning the walk into and unplanned sprint session and you start to think about the squirrels and you start to get hungry.........and hope the dog actually catches some.

Comment

When you venture into the bread section at the grocery store to look for some sprouted grain bread for your kids (they are pretty primal, but I let them have some sprouted bread on occasion to keep them from eating crap at friends' housses) and realize how putred it smells! Seriously, I had to hold my breath. Our bread seciton is in a little spearate room, so it is all bottled up in there....barf!
            Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              When you are walking with your dog in the park and he keeps taking off left and right after squirrels turning the walk into and unplanned sprint session and you start to think about the squirrels and you start to get hungry.........and hope the dog actually catches some.
              Our dog LIVES for killing squirrels, although she rarely catches them. If she does she tends to eat them. She's a much better mole, mouse and rat catcher, all of which she eats.
              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

... when you bring beef jerky, smoked salmon, coconut, dried fruit, dark chocolate and more of the same with you on the plane to Primal Con!

Comment

When the smell of lamb on the stove makes you weak in the knees.
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

You look at the kid's chubby guinea pigs and wonder if their meat is lean or fat.

Comment

Originally posted by goodangels View Post
                      you look at the kid's chubby guinea pigs and wonder if their meat is lean or fat.
                      omg lol!
                      "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                        When you can count your farmers market foraging trip as PB laws #2 (move slowly) and #3 (lift heavy things).
                        +1!

I suppose 'when your insulated shopping bags keep breaking under the weight' is a variant on that. 5lb chicken + 4 pints milk + cream + cheese + lamb hearts + kidneys + bacon + mince + pork belly + stock bones + assorted vegetables + nuts = 25-30lbs.

Oh yes, cycling back up the hill with this lot *definitely* counts as moving slowly.

Also... when husband looks at your purchases and asks if you're trying to build a sheep from a kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hilary View Post
                          Also... when husband looks at your purchases and asks if you're trying to build a sheep from a kit.
                          Been there, done that. The real trick is not re-killing it for supper.
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

... when you tell your dad that something with 30 odd ingredients is not food and he says it is food. You then say it is not food and get frustrated.

I am talking about the Nutrisystem "food" products... my mom is doing this program and the food she is given disgusts me like no other.

Comment

When your driving the kids to school .. (in the middle of a 19 hour fast) and see a coyote running across the road.. your first thought is.. MMMM breakfast!
                              "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                              Currant: 136 lbs
                              Goal: 125 lbs
                              11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

When you eat the butter packets, instead of the bread they bring out at a restaurant.

Comment

Working...
                                X