You know you are primal when...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jaradel View Post
    I usually do 70-72%, and I've had some 85-86% which still tastes a touch too bitter, but I'm going to try to wean myself to it after my 70% stash is gone. But the 60% I had the other day tasted almost like milk chocolate in terms of sweetness - it's amazing how my tastebuds have changed!
    Just eat a chunk of 90 or 100% once or twice- the 80-85% tastes plenty sweet after that!! Ha! I'm a newly converted 85% fan myself.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Your romantic dinner with your primal spouse includes sucking the marrow out of the lamb bones.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
        Your romantic dinner with your primal spouse includes sucking the marrow out of the lamb bones.
        This makes me drool......
        "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
        2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Comment

• When you stop using soap/shampoo/conditioner, and your skin and hair have never looked better. Especially when the so called "moisture" shampoo I used was leaving my hair really dry.

Comment

• When you shave without shaving cream and a 1 blade razor... so simple and so effective.
            Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

• When people stare at you because you have 5 pounds of butter in your shopping cart and it's not Costco.
              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• You keep a Bristol Stool Chart and a logbook in the bathroom.
                "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Comment

• You moan, out LOUD, in combination with licking, slurping, and sucking your fingers while eating marrow... and imagine that your tinnitus is actually the trumpeting of angels while doing so.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• You sweat coconut oil and/or bacon grease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                      Also, found a grocery store within walking distance that sells grass fed beef and lamb plus organic vegetables. I can get everything barely 5 miles from home now.
                      ...when you consider 5 miles to be 'within walking distance'
                      “I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” ―Bruce Lee

2012: 01/17 238~34% | 03/17 215~28%| 5/17 196~24% | 8/22 188 ~20% (then I got lazy)
                      2013: 1/27 190~20%

Comment

• ^^ this ^^
                        "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
                        2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Comment

• you think that leftover pot roast veggies, sausage, and eggs is a perfectly normal breakfast....that previously would have disgusted you to no end

Comment

• When your life goal is to be able to comfortably do the ancestral squat for your remaining years.
                            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• When your SO kicks you out of the kitchen because she can't stand the sound of you gnawing on the burnt ends of chicken bones.
                              Randal
                              AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                              Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                              http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• You make your own chocolate out of 1 Tbsp organic, grass-fed tallow (from your cowpool), 1 Tbsp un-Dutched cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, 1 tsp homemade vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon of raw honey.

Comment

Working...
                                X